Chapter 1~~Almost kissed by Mr. Popular

"Jake, go away!" I yelled when he was following me onto the schoolbus with no bus pass.

"I don't want to," he replied with a smirk on is face.

I took a seat at the emergency exit thinking he would go sit in the back of the bus where all the people people sat, but you will never guess where he decided to sit; right by me!

"Jake, why can't you go sit in the bak of the bus?" I sighed, annoyed.

"Because I only want to sit by you." The smirk still hasn't left his face yet. How arrogant can this jerk get?!

"Why are you even on my bus? You don't even ride this bus." I really am annoyed. I mean, I have to deal with him in four of my seven classes.

"I am going over to Pasquan's house," he replied nonchalantly. I honestly thought he couldn't stand my neighbor. I remember when I said something about my neighbor in science, he said something really snobbish about my neighbor, but it only made Jake look like he thought he was better than Noah.

"I thought you said he wasn't that cool and that you didn't like him," I replied confused. I really am confused; he said he couldn't stand Noah!

"We are just going to be hanging out and playing COD and stuff like that, nothing over the top," he replied with a shrug of his shoulder.

"Okay," I said. I turned away from Jake and looked out the window. When did we leave the school? I thought we were still at the school...

"Uh, Lindsay?" he asked. He sounded unsure about something, so I turned to face his curious as to what he wanted to ask me. The only time he had ever asked me about something, it was when he needed an answer for a question on a worksheet we were doing.

"What do you need, Jake?" I sighed.

"Could you help me with my math? I don't understand number 33," he asked. He knows I love to help people with their math; I help like everyone with their math that either has Algebra or eighth grade math in study hall. But if I need help, I ask the Geometry kids for help.

"Sure... What's the problem?" I asked truely curios at what he needed help with.

"Uh, it's '-2<h+1'," he said looking up the problem. He then looked into my eyes, making me go into a trance, "I don't know what to do."

"Um.." I couldn't concentrate with him looking in my eyes. I quickly break our eye contact and looked at the problem, "You subract 1 from both sides to get the answer." I looked back up at him, and smiled knowing I finally got to help the biggest jock in my school.

"Thanks... Why are you smiling?" he asked clearly interested, his famous smirk sliding onto his face.

"No reason," I replied all too quickly. I could feel a blush climbing on my face.

"You can tell me, Lindsay, I promise I won't tell anyone," he replied with a small smile.

"Alright... I am smiling because I finally got to help you with a subject when you help me with almost every other subject... I guess in short, I am just glad I actually was able to help when you've already helped me so much this year," I replied truthfully. I could see something about him that I didnt notice before; he has gorgeous chocolate brown eyes that I could look at all day if I actually could.

"Is that why you are always so shy when you ask for help? I just thought you were ashamed to ask me," he told me in a whisper that was meant for no one to hear except me.

"Why would I ever be ashamed to ask you? I am always just shy because I am just scared that you won't help me," I whispered back.

"Well, don't be shy. Always know I will help you with anything," he whispered back.

"Promise?" By now, we were mear centimeters from each other.

"Promise," he whispered back. We leaned in towards each other....

But the bus driver had to ruin the moment. "Get off my bus, it's your stop Lindsay!" Jake and I jumped back from each other immediately and gathered our things and got off the bus.

I was blushing as Noah, Jake, and I were walking to our houses. Noah and I fist-bumped each other when we got to his stop, but that only resulted in Noah and I laughing until we were hunched over, our sides hurting.

When I was able breath normally again, I stood back up and faced Jake. I went to hug him... but all I got was an awkward pat on the back.

"I'll see you later Jake. Bye you guys!" I said enthusiastically.

"Bye Lindsay!" they both said equally enthusiastically. We waved to each other, then I walked across the road to my house.

When I got to my house, I fumbled in my bookbag looking for my house keys. I couldn't find them!

Oh well, I guess I'll just jump the fence like I always do when I forget my keys.

I walked to the side of my house, and jumped then fence and was greeted my dogs. I turned to look back up at Noah's house and saw Jake looking at me with a smirk on his face. Our eyes connected, my heart sped up a little. I turned away and started petting my dogs.

I have three dogs; Anna is a black Chow, Joey is a brindle Grey Hound/Labrador, and Billie is a Golden Labrador Retriver. They really are sweethearts, but Joey is a bed hog. You need to imagine a 5'4" girl and an 85 lbs dog sleeping on a twin bed... I swear one of these times, I am going to fall off my bed.

Anyway, we headed up the patio steps. I looked through the glass sliding doors and saw the stick was in the door just incase someone broke in the house. I guess I am stuck going through the doggy doory my parents put in.

I walked to my room and fell on my bed.

I can't believe I almost kissed the famous Jake Perry.