Chapter 9~~First Date

"James, you are such a dork!" I giggled when we got to where we were having our first date.

He brought me to a public park, and under a tree was a red blanket laid out with a picnic basket on top.

He grabbed my hand, and starting jogging over to the picnic, while we were both chuckling and smiling like idiots.

"I know... But I really wanted you not to think I am all about money... So I set up this picnic up for us," he told me with a genuine smile on his face.

Standing up, and spinning in a circle, I told him, "You do know I don't care about money. I absolutely love that you set up this picnic! I love the feeling of being outdoors... It's just so refreshing."

He chuckled while watching me spin in circles, "I thought you would like it. So you never told me why you are here..."

"Oh! I'm here with my whole soccer team for a soccer tournament, but we are only here for a week," I explained to him at best I could.

"Only a week? When do you leave, if you don't mind my asking?" he asked looking a little sad.

I had to think about that. I completely forgot what day was today.

"We are leaving on Sunday. I know this sounds pretty bad on my part, but what's today?" I asked, feeling a little blonde.

"Um... Today is Monday, I think," he chuckled.

I laughed, "Thanks. Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Sure. What do you want to know?" he asked, curiosity in clear view in his eyes.

"Why did you ask me out on a date?" I asked.

A blush started to rise on his perfect flawless face, "I think you are really pretty. You aren't like other girls who cry when they break a nail, you're different," he told me while locking eye contact with me.

I could feel an identical blush rise onto my face, "You are too sweet," I whispered. His eyes were so enticing to look into.

"You don't have a boyfriend, right?" he whispered, leaning towards me.

"No, why?" I asked, leaning towards him also.

"So I can do this," with that, he crashed his lips to mine.

The kiss wasn't rough, but it was passionate. I could feel electricity going through my whole body slowly, but it was strongest where our lips touched. He ran his tongue over my bottom lip asking for entrance, I gladly complied.

We broke apart, panting for breath.

Just then, I remembered I had a game today, I don't know how I could have forgotten, but apparently I managed to forget.

I swore under my breath, and grabbed my phone to check the time. 1:37. My game was at 2:30 and I was supposed to start warming up with my team seven minutes ago!

"I'm really sorry, James, but I have to go," I said while getting up to leave.

"Why do you have to go?" he asked sounding sad.

"I forgot I had to start warming up with my team for our game," I told him while helping him pick up the blanket and the picnic basket.

"I understand. Where is your game at? I can drive you there," he offered. He really was super sweet. I have to get his number so I can stay in touch with him when I leave to go back home.

"Thank you so much! Your the best!" I hugged the best I could (I was holding the blanket and he was holding the basket).

"It's honestly no problem. So do your parents have your stuff?" By now, we were at his car.

"Yeah," I told him, while setting the blanket down in the backseat then hopping into the passenger seat.

James hopped into the drivers seat, putting the key in the ignition and starting the car.

"Where is your game at?" he asked, remembering I never told him where it was.

I told him where it was, and he nodded his head in answer and pulled out into the street heading to my game.

James reached his hand towards the radio, turning on a country station.

I swear this guy is the best! We listen to the same music, and he is really sweet!

The song that was on was 'Even if it breaks your heart' by Eli Young Band. I love this song!

Jut as the song ended, we pulled up to the field. I looked over to James and gave his a quick peck on his lips and jumped out of the car and ran to find my parents to get my stuff.

I found them, they gave me my stuff and I had to go change in the public restroom.

When I came back out and met up with my team, I looked into the crowd and saw the most handsome face ever. James was here to watch my game!

Today couldn't get any better!