..Fear..

Its been a couple weeks now and well we've been laying low for now and it seems Bats has given up on looking for us. For now anyway.. Liam was requested to help Joker with a couple things so Jake and I went out one night to have fun.. We were as usual having a laugh, robbing buildings, destroying things. We were having fun when something caught my eye.. Smoke exiting a building.. It wasn't like any average gas.. It was green and the building was surrounded by police. Of course curiosity got the best of us.. "Hey, Jake.." I whispered over "What is it?" He replied, making his way over and crouching down next to me. "Wanna explore that building there?.." I ask. "Now that has death written all over it.." Jake replied back. "So its settled. We're going!" I'd stand up "But.. Why am I even trying to question your brain?.." Jake face palmed. I'd jump across the roof tops eventually arriving close to the building.

Jumping onto the roof, Jake stole two gas masks from local police cars and we put them on leaping through the skylight window. It made quite a bit of noise so of course we hide as a guy wearing needles on his hand and what looks like a sack on his head which is covered by a hood just as worn as the mask..

 It made quite a bit of noise so of course we hide as a guy wearing needles on his hand and what looks like a sack on his head which is covered by a hood just as worn as the mask

"Scarecrow.." I whispered. Jake looked at me. "Scarewho?" He asked. "Scarecrow.. Those needles inject fear toxin into you.. So you will see your biggest fears.." Then a voice sent shivers down my spine "Want to try?.." I turned around and he was right there. "Scarecrow.. We apologise for.. Barging in.. But we.. Got curious about this.. Amazing atmosphere going on.." He moves away from my face. "Hm.. Aren't you Jokers Daughter?.." He asked. "Yes, I am.. The names Maddie." I answered back. Scarecrow looked me up and down. "I have a feeling you and I will get along Maddie.." Just at that moment police burst in.

"Jokers Daughter is here! Hands up! All three of you! Someone get the Batman!" The officer yelled. Scarecrow vanished in a puff of gas and appeared behind him, injecting him with fear toxin. Scarecrow grabs my arm with his other hand and I grab Jake's wrist as Scarecrow vanishes out of the building to the area where the gas is being made. "Here is where I am creating my fear toxin.." He started explaining his back story and we told him ours in return. We clearly have made a friend.. A friend I am pleased to have actually.. We spent the night using fear toxin, killing and causing madness in the city. Batman was of course called and arrived to end it.

"Stop this right now!" He demanded us. "You have one chance to surrender.. All of you" I stepped forward "Tempting Bats but.. Not my kinda offer.." Jake and I back-flipped over Bats, distracting him as Scarecrow injected Fear toxin into him. His suit was built to be immune.. But this toxin was new. Bats began holding his head and yelling as he quickly zipped away. I held up my hand to Jake and he gave me a high five. We headed back to Joker with Scarecrow, making a deal that if he joins us.. He can use our basement as his lab space. As long as he keeps the gas to himself and does not inject or infect any of the others who live with us.

"Ah! Scarecrow! What a surprise" Joker approaches holding out his hand, Scarecrow stared and eventually shook his hand. Liam walked over shortly after "Hey guys, did you hear about some guy escaping Arkham, they called him Scare-... Crow..." He paused looking at Scarecrow. "Scarecrow, this is Liam. Our personal spy, assassin and Joker's main little helper" I giggled. Liam rolled his eyes and shook his hand. "Nice to meet you.." Liam nervously nodded. "What is all of your.. Jobs here?" Scarecrow asked. "Joker as you know is leader and I am second in command. If father is not here I take over." I explained. "I am the thief, head spy and lookout when nobody else is" Jake added. "May I show you around Scarecrow?" Joker offered. Scarecrow nodded and walked off with Joker.

"Liam, what happened when I was gone?" I asked him. "Nothing really, still unnoticed here as we expected." I'd yawn. "Well I'm off for a rest, Jake and I fought Bats earlier.." I explained the entire story. "Well Bats seems to be getting worse at his job protecting Gotham.." Liam chuckled, Jake and I laughed too. "He shows it in his actions." I added. After something to eat I went to my room and dozed off in an instant..

Thanks for reading! Sorry if it seemed shorter than normal, I am focusing on a few other stories as well as this. Hope you enjoyed either way!! See you in the next part!! <3