•goodbye•

(miya's p.o.v)

Today is the day. The day I've been dreading for months. This is the day that Carl is leaving... A part of me is leaving.

These past few months have been crazy. But, overall, I found something that I never thought I would. Confidence. When I moved here, I didn't plan on making any friends, what so ever. But, then I met the Gallagher's. I met Kev and Vee. I met Carl. And my whole world changed. These people, and Kate, are my family. The only family I've got and I'm proud to say it. I'm so happy to be apart of something to special and to feel so loved. Back home, I never felt loved or needed or even wanted. I felt hated all the time.

My thoughts were interrupted when Debbie knocked on my already open door.

"You ready," she asked, already knowing that I totally am not ready for him to leave.

"Y-Yeah, I'm ready," I stated as I got up, grabbed my jacket and phone and followed her downstairs.

"You nervous," she asked as we reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Me? Nervous? No. I'm fucking terrified," I whined, slipping my shoes on before walking out of the house.

"Oh, don't be. He'll be back for holidays. I'm sure."

"There's only one holiday all summer. The fourth of July. And that's in July. It March, Debbie," I complained as we reached the car.

"Miya, you'll live," Debbie said, laughing at me.

"You guys ready," Lip asked as he sat in the front seat, Kate in the passenger. Carl was in the back middle and Debbie sat on the other side of him. I hopped in and buckled my seatbelt. Safety first, right?

"Let's go," I said, sadness in my voice. I felt my palms get sweaty and I rubbed the sweat on my pants. Carl grabbed my hand and squeezed. I met his eyes and he gave me a reassuring smile. I returned the smile, resting my head on his shoulder.

The car ride there was silent and it was wonderful. I just wanted to be in the presence of him, even if we weren't speaking to eachother.

After twenty minutes of silence, Lip tells us that we are almost there. I lifted my head up, Carl's hand still intertwined with mine.

Lip pulled into the parking lot of the bus station and we all hopped out. My heart is racing and my blood is boiling. I felt tears well in my eyes and couldn't hold them back. I began to sob. Everyone was already walking into the bus station, except me.

Carl must've noticed that I wasn't walking with them because he came back to the car and saw the state that I was in.

"Hey. Hey, it's okay. It's okay, baby," he said, pulling me into his arms. I wrapped myself around his torso and sobbed into his chest.

"I don't want you to go. I thought I could take it, but I c-can't. I can't let you g-go," I told him. He rubbed circles along my back, and swayed us side to side.

"I know, baby. But this is a good thing for me. I'm going to miss you like fucking crazy," he said, pulling away and looking into my eyes. This is a good thing for him, and I know he'll be back. But, who knows what can happen in the next 6 months. I'm going to trust him, though. That's what love is, trust.

I nodded my head, stepping away from him and wiped my tears.

"Okay," I said, "Let's get you on that bus." I gave him a smile and he returned. Grabbing my hand, we walking into the bus station together.

When we walked in, Lip already got Carl's bus ticket.

"Bus leaves in 15 minutes," Lip said, handing Carl his ticket. Carl nodded in agreement.

Carl put the ticket in his pocket and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me close. I laid my head on his shoulder and embraced every second we had left together.

I know this isn't that serious in some ways. But, to me, it is. Carl is my everything. These past few months have been rough and he didn't have to be there, but he was. I know I have plenty of other people that will be there for me when other things go wrong. I'm just going to miss his hugs, his smile, the comfort, secure feeling I get whenever he's in the same room. I'm gonna miss him. But, this is good for him.

A few minutes later a lady came on the loud speaker to say that Carl's bus has arrived. We all walked out to where the buses were parked.

Everyone gave him a hug and said their goodbyes and it was finally my turn. I jumped into his arms and he squeezed my torso.

"Call me. Text me. Write letters. Whatever, just do what you can. You can tell me about military school and what you're doing, how you're doing and I can tell you about things back home. Okay," I pulled away and looked deep into his eyes. He nodded his head, smashing his lips against mine. We stayed like that for awhile. Until we both pulled away at the same time. 

"I love you," he said.

"I love you, too," I replied. The I pulled away from his hug. "Go get 'em, Gallagher." I laughed wiping a tear away and he laughed along with me, turning towards the bus. Once he stepped into the bus he turned around and waved, then turned back around and got on the bus.

I couldn't help but smile. He looked so happy when he got on that bus. I'm happy for him. He's doing something that he loves and that's all that matters.

----------------------------------------------

shitty ending to a shitty book! yes, this is the last chapter, sad to say. i've loved writing this and I would like to thank all of you who have read this book, it means a lot. BUT... this story isn't over so, if you really liked this one, keep an eye out for the next.

love you guys so much!💜

btw thanks for 2k reads!!!