•patsy's•

(miya's p.o.v)

I got up extra early because I wanted to look nice for my date with Ash after school, even though we are only going to Patsy's Pies. I still want to look nice, you know?

I pulled out a short sleeved, pink dress and threw it on. I tied a jean jacket around my waist and put my hair up in french braids. Then, I decided to wear a tan baseball cap.

I put on a little mascara and some highlight, I didn't want to draw too much attention to myself.

There was a knock at the door as I finished tying my shoes. I grabbed my bookbag and rushed down the steps. I opened the door and stepped outside with Debbie.

"Ready to go," Debbie asked.

"Yeah," I started, "Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah, all I needed were a couple of asprins," she replied, shrugging as we headed off to school. "You never explained to me what happened at the party. And Carl won't talk to me.

I shrugged and pushed a piece of hair out of my face. "I'm not sure what the full story is, to be honest. All I know is that I walked into my room and there was Carl and Dominique basically making out... on my bed."

"Basically, my brother is a dick," she said sincerely.

I softly smiled and we continued to walk to school.

•••

I started walking to my first class, science, which I had with Carl. On the way there I saw Dominique. She was with a group of her friends and we made eye contact. She gave me a dirty look and started whispering in one of her friend's ear.

"Did he want you to suck his dick or what? Sorry, I'm just so confused as to why he would want to have sex with someone who gonorrhea," I called out to her in the middle of the hallway. It wasn't the best thing I could've said, but I'm not always good at insults.

Everybody looked towards Dominique and laughed. I just shrugged and walked to class.

When I got there, all the seats were taken, except one right next to Carl. I cursed under my breathe and turned around , ready to walk out of class.

"Miya," the teacher called out my name, stopping me. I turned back around and saw everyone's eyes on me. "Where do you think you're going?"

"My, uh-I was just getting a d-drink of water," I stuttered.

"Nice try, sit down," I let out a deep breathe and sat down in the seat next to Carl, trying not to make eye contact.

"Hey," he said after awhile. I just ignored him. "Miya, Can we talk about Saturday? I didn't kn-" the bell cut him off.

"Class is starting," was all I said to him.

"Can we talk after class then, please? There's something I need to explain t-" the teacher interrupted him.

"Mr. Gallagher, is there something you would like to share with the class?"

"Yes, there is actually," he stood up so that everyone could see him. "I'm in love with Miya Henerson and I would do anything for her..." We made eye contact and I suddenly started to love him again. That's totally not something that Carl would do. He's just not that type of guy, I guess. Maybe, I should just talk to him.

"Is that all, Mr. Gallagher," the teacher said, irritated.

Carl broke our eye contact and sat back down without saying another word. I could still see him staring at me from the corner of my eye.