•i promise•

(miya's p.o.v)

[2 months later]

It's been a couple of months. Carl and I have been doing fine and Dominique finally backed off. It's gotten colder outside, considering it's November.

When my sister came back from L.A., she brought me back so many souvenirs. Including, Corey Haim and River Phoenix t-shirts and posters. She knows how much I love them and how much they have inspired me. I also told her about everything that happened while she was gone, even about Carl and me. She didn't flip out, she was actually really helpful. She talked to me about girl things that my mom never would've talked to me about. She even recommended birth control if it was going to become a regular thing. I decided to go on the pill just to be cautious.

Tonight, Kate and I are going over the Gallagher's for dinner. It was all Carl's idea. I'm not sure why, to be quite honest.

I decided to wear a casual winter outfit. I put on black leggings and a long, plain, white shirt on. I also decided to wear some black boots and before I left, I put on a green jacket and a scarf. I didn't do much with make up. Just a little eyeshadow and mascara, as usual.

"You ready to go," Kate asked as she grabbed a couple bottles of wine and started towards the front door.

"Yup," I ran ahead of her to get the door because her hands were full.

"Thank you," Kate slipped out the door and waited for me to close and lock it before continuing to walk to the Gallagher's. We reached the front door and walked in, without knocking.

"What's up, Gallagher's," I called out, walking into the kitchen. Carl looked up from the stove and smiled. He had an apron on and was cooking something that smelled amazing.

"Hey, babe," he kissed me softly on the lips and hugged me.

"What are you making? It smells so good," Kate asked, as if to read my mind.

"Stir fry," he answered. Wow, I never took Carl as a cook.

"Yum," I took my jacket and scarf off. I walked over next to him. "You look hot in an apron," I whispered in his ear. We both laughed together as Debbie came downstairs.

"Oh, hey guys," she said. "Fiona, Lip, and Ian are all upstairs still getting ready."

"Tell them to hurry the fuck up, it's almost ready," Carl ordered, making me laugh. "What are you laughing at?"

"You. You're so adorable when you try to be a hard ass," I joked. He just rolled his eyes at me and continued to cook.

He finally finished and everybody was sat at the dinner table. I sat between Carl and Debbie and Kate sat between Fiona and Lip. I don't know why I never noticed this before, but Lip always seems to smile whenever Kate is around. And Kate always seems so cheerful and full of life when Lip is around. Interesting, I thought to myself.

We all made our plates and started eating.

"So, guys, I have something I want to tell you all," Carl said. Everyone quieted down and turned their attention to Carl. "I'm going back to Military School this summer." Everybody, including Kate, congratulated him. Except for me. I was totally confused. Military School?

"Wait, Military School," I gave him a confused look. He made a "Oh, no I forgot to tell my girlfriend about Military School" face.

"Uh, yeah. Last year I went to Military School and I came back when Monica died. I haven't gone back since, but I've finally decided to go back. It's good for me. It's really shaped me into a better person than I was before," he explained.

"So, I'm not gonna be with you all summer," I'm kind of hurt by this. But, who knows what will happen between now and June.

"Well, you'll be able to see me for holidays, like the fourth of July. I'm hoping to be back in late August. I'm not sure if I'm staying for Junior year yet."

I nodded my head and put on a smile. I'm happy that he's making a good decision. But, what am I going to do without him here? I literally spend almost everyday with him and when I don't, I stay at home and listen to music or watch TV all day.

"I'm proud of you, Carl," I reached for his hand and squeezed it. He smiled back and kissed me on the forehead.

"Eat, babe," he said, pointing to my food. I picked up my fork and started eating.

"Holy shit," I said after taking a bite. "This is fucking amazing."

"Thanks," Carl laughed with a mouthful of stir fry.

•••

I'm currently sitting on the Gallagher's porch. Dinner was great, but I still have the thought of Carl leaving for Military School in the back of my mind. I know I still have awhile until he has to leave. But, time travels fast. Especially when you want it to go slow. I know for a fact we won't be able to stay in touch when he leaves and I don't want to lose him.

"Hey," Carl's soft voice said from behind me. He sat down on the step next to me.

"Hey," I looked at him and tried to smile.

"What are you doing out here," he wrapped his arm around me and rubbed my arm to try and keep me warm.

"Carl, can I be honest with you," I asked, laying my head on his shoulder.

"Of course, babe."

"I don't want you to go. I don't want you to leave and then just forget about me."

"Miya, I could never forget about you."

"It's just... you're my first love. You're my first... everything. My first boyfriend, my first time, my first truth." Carl was quiet for a moment. Then, he opened his mouth to say something but I stopped him. "You don't have to say anything. I know I'm not your first anything and I don't want your pity. I just want your time. Every moment that you have until you leave, I want to spend it with you. Every minute, every second."

He slightly smiled. "You got it, Miya. I promise," he picked up my hand and locked his pinky with mine, "I promise to spend every moment I have here in Chicago withyou, never forget about you and I'll never leave you." He softly kissed my lips. I felt a tear drop on my hand and realized it wasn't mine, it was Carl's.

"Hey," I put my hand to his cheek, "Why are you crying."

He chuckled, "I have no idea. I've never felt like this before. I guess, I just love you... A lot." I wiped the tear from his cheek and kissed him again.

"I love you, too."

----------------------------------------------

Hey, guys! i just realized that I have over 500 reads and that's so amazing!! I honestly thought I wouldn't get  more than 50 reads on this book, lol. thank you all, so much.

dont forget to vote and comment.

love you guys soo much!! xoxo.