•truth•

(carl's p.o.v)

I began to pack for military school. But, the only thing that's going on in my mind right now is Miya. Why did she leave the party so early? Especially without telling me? It just doesn't seem right. She hasn't answered any of my text messages or even bothered to call me back. I just hope she's okay. Okay enough for me to tell her the news about military school.

(miya's p.o.v)

I sat on my bed with my towel wrapped around my body, Carl still on my mind. He's probably worried sick. I should go next door and check on him.

I grabbed a pair of sweatpants and one of his t-shirts, they always make me feel better when I'm down. I threw those on and then slipped on a pair of converse and jogged downstairs where Lip and Kate were.

Lip was sitting on the couch watching TV and Kate was still asleep.

"I'm gonna head over there and talk to Carl," I said.

"Alright, just be quiet on your way out," he said. I nodded and walked out the door, quietly shutting it before walking over to the Gallagher's.

All the sudden, I got really nervous. My heart was pounding and I soon forgot how to breathe. Holy shit, this is gonna be harder than I thought.

I opened the front door to the Gallagher house. It didn't look like anyone was home. So, I went upstairs. I walked straight down the hallway where Carl was sitting on his bed stuffing things into a bookbag.

"Hey," I said while lightly knocking on the door.

His head jerked up and a concerned, suprised, happy look was on his face. He jumped up, throwing the bookbag on the floor, wrapping me in his arms.

Exactly what I need right now, I thought to myself.

"Miya, you had me worried sick. Are you okay? Where'd you go last night?"

"I-I-That's what I came to talk to you about," I stuttered.

"Okay, what is it? Tell me."

I pulled him over to his bed and sat him down before I sat down right next to him.

"Just, promise me, before I say anything, that you won't flip the fuck out."

"Okay... I promise."

"Okay, s-so, the only thing I remembered when I woke up this morning was when I went to get those beers for us. Nothing else. But, C-Carl I didn't wake up in my bed. I woke up in someone else's w-with..." I felt like I couldn't continue. I don't want to see the concerned look on his face change to sadness or hurt or anger. But, I need to suck it up. I need to tell him the truth.

"Miya, with what? Tell me, baby."

"With b-bruises down there and a note on the bed that said 'had a great time' with a fucking winky face," I began to cry. This isn't something I can hold back. Getting raped... It breaks a person. It's not something you can just brush off and say 'Oh, it's okay. I'll be fine'. No, you have to live with it for the rest of your life. You have to learn to live with the fucking memory, even if you can't remember exactly what happened and that's the part that's gonna tear you up. The part where you wonder what the fuck actually happened. The most important fucking part.

"Oh, my God," was all he said as he looked away with tears in his eyes. Carl wasn't the type of person to cry a lot. But, he cries when his heart breaks.

"It was Ash, Carl. It had to be. I didn't know anyone else at that party."

"This is all my fault," he said, his face in his hands. "I fucking let this happen to you. I promised you. I fucking promised you I would never let anything bad happen to you. I promised I would never let anyone hurt you and I broke that fucking promise."

"No, Carl. It's not your faul-"

"Of course it's my fault. I let you out of my sight. What the fuck was I thinking?"

He stood up and started pacing around the room.

"Carl," he kept pacing. "Carl," he's not answering me. "Carl!" I got up and wrapped my arms around his. Looking him in the eyes, his tears began to fall and so did mine. I rested his head on my shoulder. "It's not your fault baby. It's not." We stood like this for what felt like centuries. But, it was a good thing.

He lifted his head up and met my eyes. He brushed my cheek with his thumb and kissed my forehead.

"I'm gonna fucking kill him," he said, anger taking over his body.

"No, you're not."

"Yes the fuck I am and you can't stop me."

"Maybe we shouldn't bring violence into this." A confused expression appears on his face.

"What do you mean?"

"Maybe I should talk to him. Figure everything out."

His jaw tightened and he hesitated but shook his head.

"Okay. Alright, but I'm gonna stay by keep my eye on him and I'm not leaving you two alone."

I nodded my head in agreement and pulled him into a hug.

•••

I had texted Ash and told him that I needed to talk to him. We decided to meet at a public place, like the park. When Carl and I got down there, Ash was sitting on one of the swings scrolling through his phone.

"Wait here," I said, pecking him on the cheek and slowly approaching Ash.

I got closer and Ash lifted his head up, revealing a smirk.

"Hey, beautiful."

----------------------------------------------

The book is coming to an end really soon, but I'm making a sequel so I hope you guys enjoy the ending.