•in love with you•

(miya's p.o.v)

"Hey, beautiful," he said as I sat down on the swing next to him.

"Don't fucking call me that," I spat.

He put his hands up in defence and a cigarette between his lips.

"Want one," he asks, I shake my head. He lights his cigarette and inhales. "What'd you wanna talk about," he asks as he exhales the smoke.

"What happened last night," I went straight to the point. I wasn't gonna waist anytime with small talk.

"What do you mean?"

I rolled my eyes, "Ash, you know exactly what the fuck I mean. Just tell me the truth."

Guilt was written all over his face.

"I'm sorry, Miya. I fucked up real bad."

"Just tell me what the fuck happened, Ash. I can't remember anything and I think you know why."

He deeply sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"Alright. I'll tell you."

*flashback*

'I followed you guys back into the house. I was too drunk to let you just slip by. I saw you go into the kitchen and grab two beers. You set them down to talk to a friend. Kelsie, I think. I slipped one of those fucking date rape pills in one of them. I didn't think it was gonna make you pass out. You did almost instantly. So, I picked you up and carried you to a bedroom. I stayed with you for awhile. Then, you regained conciousness. I don't know what came over me, but when you started calling me "Carl" and "baby" I couldn't contain myself. So, I did what I did. After I realized what I did, I had to leave. So, I laid the sheet on you and left you a note. Hoping that you would think it was Carl and left. I thought about you the whole way home.'

"I'm really sorry, Miya," he apologized once again. I'm suprisingly not crying. I'm just really shocked.

"Why... Ash? Why me?"

"Because I'm in love with you."

My eyes widened. He did not just say that.

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah. I've known it since I first met you. When I shook your hand I looked into your eyes. Miya, I've never felt this way about any other girl I've ever met. I always make those shitty comments because I thought that's what you wanted. But, I was wrong. I treated you like shit, Miya. I'm so so sorry."

I felt my heart race in a pace I didn't think was possible. I can't look him in the eyes. It's too awkward. That's something I totally wasn't expecting. I'm kind of having trouble believing it.

"You're fucking with me, right?"

"No, Miya. I'm not fucking around with you. I'm being serious."

"Well, that doesn't let you off the hook. You're still a piece of shit."

"Yeah, I know." He gave me a slight smile. "Can we be cool now?"

I chuckled. "How about we end all the beef between you and Carl? That's a start."

"Okay," he nodded in agreement and we both got up.

"Thank you for talking to me. I've been a mess all day."

"Anytime," he said.

I awkwardly waved goodbye but was stopped by his hand on my wrist. I turned around to face him but instead was pulled into a hug. I didn't know what to do. I mean Carl is literally 10 feet away, watching us.

"I'm really sorry, Miya," he whispered into my ear.

"Yeah, I know," I patted his back awkwardly and he finally pulled away. Without saying another word, we went our separate ways.

I make my way back to Carl. Should I tell him about Ash being in love with me or...?

"Hey," Carl said, walking up to me. "What'd he say?"

"He confessed. He said he just super drunk. Like the kind of drunk where you don't even know you're drunk and, uh, yeah." Fuck, I'm a fucking terrible liar.

"Oh, okay," was all he said and we made our way back to his house.

•••

After talking with Carl for a couple of hours, I decided to go home and relax. I said my goodbye's to Carl and left for my house.

When I walked inside, I noticed Lip was still here.

"Hey," I called out from the living room. "I'm home."

"Oh, hey," Kate said, stepping into the loving room from the kitchen.

"Did you talk to Carl," I heard Lip ask from the kitchen as well.

"Yeah. I, uh... I talked to Ash, too. He told me what happened, why it happened. I don't feel completely better, but I also don't feel as bad as I did this morning," I explained to the both of them.

"That's good, I still wanna kick his fucking ass though," Lip replied.

"I'm glad you're feeling better," Kate gave me a side hug and kissed the top of my head.

"Me too. If it's alright, I'm just gonna relax in my room for the rest of the night," they both nodded and I made my way upstairs to my room.

I kicked my shoes off and threw my jacket on my chair, plopping on my bed.

Today has been a rough ass day.

----------------------------------------------

Short chapter, but I hope you guys like it.