•balloons•

(miya's p.o.v)

It's been two weeks since Kate over dosed. She never told me why, she always dodged the question. But, she's better now. Her and Lip have been together more. I mean, Lip practically lives at my house and most nights I stay with Carl. We only have a week and a half left together. It's crazy how fast time is going by. It feels like just yesterday we were strangers sitting at the dinner table when I first moved in.

Today, Carl is coming over and we're going to binge watch the Walking Dead until we get bored and figure out something better to do on a chilli Saturday morning.

"What's up, cutie," Carl says as he leans against the doorway with a smirk on his face. I'm currently laying on my stomach at the end of my bed scrolling through instagram.

"Hey, how long have you been standing there," I asked him.

He shrugged, "Not long enough." He walked in and crawled on the bed next to me, kissing me on the cheek.

"You ready to binge," I asked picking up my remote and pressing the netflix button.

"Actually, I found something better for us to do," he said.

"Oh, yeah? What's that," I asked setting the remote in front of me and picking my Fanta up off the floor.

"Party shopping." I stared at him confused for a moment. 'Party shopping'?

"What party?"

"My going away party, silly. Fiona wants me to get some stuff for it," he explained to me.

"Ohh, right. I forgot. Sorry, when is it again," I asked.

"Uh, tomorrow," he said like it was obvious.

"Oh, shit. Yeah, let's go," we both got up off my bed and I stepped into my boots and threw my Pink jacket on.

"You think we can take your sister's car? I don't really feel like walking," he admitted. I chuckled at him while walking out of my room. I went across the hall and knocked on the door.

"Everybody decent," I called through the door.

"Yeah, come on in," I heard Kate answer. I opened the door to find Lip sitting on the bed doing, what looks like, homework and Kate sorting through some clothes.

"You mind if we borrow your car? We gotta go to the store to get stuff for Carl's party tomorrow," I asked, hoping she would say yes.

"Uh, sure. As long as you don't wreck it," she said taking her keys out if her pocket.

"No promises," I joked. She rolled her eyes and threw her keys at me, I barely caught them.

"So, just out of curiousity," Carl started, peeking his head through the door, "Are you guys, like, a couple now?" I was wondering this myself. They act like a couple. I mean, he did say he wanted to 'be something more' with her.

Kate exchanged a look with Lip and then turned back to us, shrugging.

"Yeah, we're a couple," Lip answered, a cheesey smirk appearing on his face.

"Adorable, now let's go," I grabbed Carl's arm and dragged him down the stairs with me.

"That's kind of weird, your sister dating my brother," Carl admitted.

"Not really," I replied, opening the front door. "Why do you think that?"

"Because we're dating. Like, what if they get married? That would make us brother and sister in law," he pointed out.

"Carl, I don't think they're going to get married. Kate's only 18."

"You never know," Carl shrugged. I handed him the keys to Kate's car because he has a license, I don't. I hopped in the passenger seat as Carl got in on the driver side.

"So, where are we going first," I asked, curious.

"I was think Party City for banners and balloons and shit and then Save Alot for food and anything else we might find or a good price," he said as he turned the ignition.

"Cool," was all as said as I turned the radio on. XO TOUR Llif3 by Lil Uzi Vert was playing and we both sang along to the lyrics.

It was a 20 minute drive to Party City. We got out of the car and locked it before walking into the store, Carl's arm around my shoulder. We stepped inside and it was suprisingly busy.

"I guess we should hurry up, get what we need and get out of here," Carl suggested. I nodded my head in agreement as we walked down the celebration isle.

"You want military colors for the party, right," I asked Carl as I pulled away from him to look at the different colors and patterns of balloons they had.

"Yeah," he answered. I looked through the whole row of of them and didn't see any that had military patterns on them. Then, I looked in the next isle. It was full of balloons.

"There's more balloons over here. I'm gonna go see if I can find an military patterns," I said. He nodded and I turned down the other side of the isle. I began to look threw all of the packages. So far, nothing. I look down at the end of the isle and see a familiar someone standing there looking through balloon packages, too. Ash. Why does this always happen? How does he always just end up in the same places as me? I turned away and tried to hide my face from his sight, hoping and praying he doesn't recognize me.

"Hey," he says, suddenly beside me, making me jump. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you," he laughs. I finally meet his eyes and force a smile.

"That's okay. What are you doing here," I asked him trying to sound like I actually care.

"Helping my sister shop for her baby shower. She's doing a gender reveal party and sent me over to get balloons, but I don't know if I should get pink or blue because she hasn't told me what it is yet," he laughed and I laughed with him. "What about you?"

"Oh, I'm helping Carl pick out stuff for his going away party," I said, turning back to look at the balloons.

"Going away party? Where's he going," Ash asks.

"Military school. He's going back for the rest of the year until August," I explained.

"Oh, wow. That's gotta suck," I gave him a look and his smile instantly faded. "Not for him, for you. You know, because he's leaving."

"Yeah," I nodded my head, "It does. But, I'll be fine." I finally found the military patterned balloons and let out a relieving breathe. "Well, I guess I'll see you around," I said, beginning to walk away.

"Yeah, sure. See you at school on Monday," he waved and I went back into the isle Carl was at.

I kind of felt bad. I don't mean to be a bitch to him, but it's still not cool what he did. It's gonna take me awhile to completely forgive him.

"I got the balloons," I showed Carl.

"Cool, I found these streamers and some confetti. You think this will be enough from here," he asked.

"Hm, I think we should get a piñata," I wiggled my eyebrows. He laughed at me and shrugged his shoulders.

"That's not a bad idea, Mi. Good thinking," he said as we walked up to the cash register. We asked the cashier what kind of penyatas she had. She gave us a book full of them and we found a perfect one. It was a soldier and a decent size, so we decided to get it.

As we were walking out of the store, Carl gave me a huge hug and kissed my forehead.

"Miya Henderson, I don't know what I would do without you."

----------------------------------------------

This is a really short and pointless chapter, but i really needed to update. Hope you guys enjoy this trash, I'm honestly lost about what to do with this book and im just making stuff up along the way. I hope I'm doing good, cause i can't really tell, ha ha.