•pancakes and parks•

(miya's p.o.v)

When I woke up my head was pounding like crazy. "Fuck," I mumbled to myself while slowly getting up and crawling over Carl's sleeping body. I walked into the bathroom and opened the mirror. I grabbed the bottle of ibuprofen, opening it, and taking two.

Then, I realized what I did last night. "Holy shit, I've got a hell of a hang over," I said.

I actually feel really hungery. Usually, when I have a hang over, I feel sick and can't eat all day. But not today.

I ran downstairs and grabbed a pan from one of the cabinets. I searched another for pancake mix and a mixing bowl. I put water and the mix together and poured it into the pan. I stared at the pan until I heard someone come downstairs.

"Morning, beautiful," Carl said as he came down the steps, making me blush.

"Morning," I replied with a sleepy smile.

"Sleep well?"

"Yeah, suprisingly."

"Well, you pretty drunk last night," he came up to me, wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me.

"What was that for," I asked giggling.

"Just giving my girlfriend a good morning kiss," he smirked and gave me another one. Wow, girlfriend? What else happened last night?

"I think it's time to flip that," he nodded towards the pancake and let go of my waist.

I flipped the pancake. He sat down at one of the chairs at the kitchen counter.

"What did I say last night," I asked confused. I remember saying some risking things, but I don't exactly remember what I said.

He laughed, "You asked me if I was your boyfriend and then you said you were falling in love with me."

I smacked my foreheade with my palm and took the pancake off of the pan and onto the plate. I handed it to him.

"I'm sorry about that. I say some... um... I don't know," I said nervously.

"It's okay, Mi. Thanks for the pancakes," he winked at me. I handed him the syrup trying my best not to blush as I made another pancake.

•••

Once everyone woke up and ate breakfast, I went back upstairs and grabbed my clothes and my phone. I jogged back down the steps and into the living room.

"I'm gonna head home. I'll see you guys later," I said heading to the door.

"Wait," I heard Carl call from behind me. He ran over to me and kissed my cheek. He whispered into my ear, "I love you."

I bit my lip and looked him in the eyes, "You too." I opened the door and ran out. My heart was jumping! I can't believe he actually said that. Was this a dream? Is this all just in my head?

Oh, my God, Miya. Shut the fuck up, I thought to myself.

I walked up to the porch and took a deep breathe. I turned the doorknob and slowly walked in.

"How was the party," Kate was sitting on the couch watching something on TV.

"It was great, I had so much fun," I nervously said, starting to walk up the stairs.

"How much did you have to drink," she asked me. My sister wasn't dumb, obviously, she's done the exact thing I'm doing right now but to my parents. Except, they were dumb.

"Enough to where Carl had to take me home," I said.

"I see. Go take a shower. I can smell the alcohol from here. There's breakfast in the kitchen."

I smelled my breathe and realized I did smell like and alcoholic. How could I let Carl kiss me like that?

"Okay, cool," I ran straight upstairs and into the bathroom. I turned on the shower. I took Carl's shirt off and decided I would keep it. I jumped in and let the hot water splash on my body.

When I was finished I wrapped a towel around my body and then my hair. I ran back into my room and looked through my closet. If I was going to see Carl later, I'd want to look good.

I picked out an adidas long sleeve sweater and a pair of black ripped jeans. I let my hair be and I put on a few layers of mascara. Then, I threw on some white nike shoes.

I heard my phone ding and I picked it up. I opened the lock screen and saw that I got a message from Carl.

Carl:
hey meet me at the park, 2:00 ;)

Me:
okay, see you there!

I checked the time on my phone and it said 2:04 pm. It takes about 10-15 minutes. I decided I would go downstairs and eat before I left.

"Hey, Carl wants me to meet him at the park. Is that okay," I asked Kate, knowing she would say yes.

"Yeah, sure," she got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen. "Hey, I just got a call from my friend, Lizzie. She invited me to go on a trip with her and a few other people... To L.A."

"Oh, my God. Seriously? That's great," I said, excited for my big sister.

"I told her I wasn't for sure if I could go."

"What? Why?"

"Because I have to take care of you Mi."

I rolled my eyes, "Oh, my God. Kate, I will be obsolutely fine. Go," she looked at me, uncertain. "Kate, go!"

"Okay. Okay," she smiled and hugged me. "But, I will call you every day to check on you."

"Ugh, whatever, mom," I looked down at my phone and it said 2:23 pm. "Oh, shit. I have to go." I got up out of my seat and ran out of the door. "See you in a few hours," I called out just before I walked out of the door.

I ran down to the park. When I got down there I was totally out of breathe from running. I probably had a six pack by now. I stopped and tried to catch my breathe. I checked the time again and it said 2:35.

"Hopefully he doesn't think I stood him up," I whispered to myself. I as I got closer to the park I saw two people sitting on the bench by the swings.

The first person was definitely Carl. I could tell by those perfect brown curls. The second person, I didn't recognize. It was a girl. She had light skin and her hair was dark brown, highlighted, and curly. They were talking. I started to walk over to them when she pressed her lips against his.

I stopped dead in my tracks. I felt my heart break and  a lump in my throat. Hot tears formed in my eyes. I turned around and ran back home before he could see me.