Chapter 10: Vampire

Start from the beginning

And then it all clicked for me.

I remembered what Matt said to Elena and I when Vicki was in the hospital. Elena had asked him if Vicki mentioned what animal attacked her.

"She said it was a vampire," Matt said in disbelief.

Vicki wasn't attacked by an animal. She was attacked by a vampire. There are vampires in Mystic Falls! And I wouldn't put it past Damon Salvatore to be the vampire that attacked her.

As soon as Damon finished his conversation with whom I presumed to be Stefan, he walked over to Vicki and I.

"You need to move," He spoke abruptly to me as he poured alcohol on Vicki's body. I knew what was going to come next.

"N-no! Please don't! She's not dead!" I shouted moving in front of her so he couldn't pour anymore alcohol on her. I felt the liquid splash my head and run down my face.

As if on cue, Vicki started to cough and stirred on the ground. "You just don't wanna die, do you?" Damon spoke as he got down to her level.

                                    ⋆

I was frozen in place on Damon's couch. I laid there as Vicki applied a towel to her bleeding neck. Damon was getting antsy because Stefan still hasn't given him what he wants. Apparently it's a ring. I had a hard time focusing on what was going on because of how scared I was.

"Where are you, Stefan? I'm trapped at the house, and I'm getting really bored and really impatient, and I don't do bored and impatient. Bring me my ring," He spoke out of annoyance, as he walked to a table topped with liquors and glasses. He poured himself a drink before pouring one more. "Damn it!" He shouted at his phone before handing me a glass of what looked like bourbon.

His head turned to the side, looking at Vicki's neck before saying," Aw, don't get blood on the couch!"

I nervously drank the bourbon he gave me as he walked closer to Vicki, removing the towel from her neck. "I got you good, didn't I?" He spoke in a pleased manner. His face was so close to Vicki's. My heart was racing with worry.

Damon turned and looked over at me and noticed how I moved away from the spot that I was at. He could tell I didn't want to be near him. "Well, you're not gonna be any fun today like this. You're going to have a great time and you're not going to want to leave until maybe a few hours later." He looked me in the eyes and said before downing his glass of bourbon.

"I'm so gonna regret this," He continued before moving his wrist to his mouth and biting into it. He forced it to Vicki's mouth and my eyes widened in disgust and confusion.

I watched as Vicki drank his blood. Damon commented, "Drink up. Drink it up. Don't drip. There you go." She moved his wrist closer to her mouth so she could drink more. She seemed to be enjoying it like it was a drug.

Usually I would decline showering in another person's home. Especially if that person tried to kill me, but I felt so mucky from everything that happened. I could also tell it was the next day and I wondered if anyone was even wondering where I was.

I looked in the foggy bathroom mirror and noticed how disheveled I was. Becoming lost in my thoughts, I remembered how Vicki's neck looked better after drinking Damon's blood. How was that even possible? His blood must have healing properties.

I exited the bathroom, feeling cleaner and overheard Vicki finally speak up, "I'm confused. How did we get here?"

Damon went up to her and looked her in the eyes and said,"We met in the woods. You were drunk. I attacked you. Then I killed all of your friends and brought you and Arina here, I gave you some blood and you loved it. And now we're gonna party till the sun goes down."