I heard a strangled sound come from him and a rough groan as he held onto me tightly when he rolled over the edge. Holding me, we fell to the floor.  And though I knew that that had to really hurt him... it was no time for a break.  I had come to believe there would never be a time for a break.

Just as we landed, and just as Luke let me go now that he protected me from that fall, I wanted to help him up.  But before that could even happen as we were laying on the ground, the door to the bathroom... flew open.  Open and revealing  a man standing there.  And it was the first time I really got a look at one of these men's faces.  His grinning, sadistic, face as his eyes lit up when they met mine.  As did his gun when he aimed it down towards us. 

Only with a raging shriek, I moved slightly, and raised my own gun up in front of me.  I didn't think twice and I wouldn't when he started to aim at me.  I raised the gun in my shaky hand and cocked it, firing at him from where he stood no more than three feet outside the bathroom door.  

"Ah fuck!" I screamed as I shot him and he fell to the floor.  And another bullet hit him, I noticed at the same time I shot him; it must have been Luke.  Either way, this guy was dead, that was for sure.  He fell on the floor outside of the bathroom, near Clare's bed. 

Though it was sickening, I wanted to shut the door for a whole other reason.  Sliding my body along the floor and towards the door, I wedged my foot behind the door and kicked it shut.  And just as I did, I felt Luke drag me out of the way and behind him.  His arm around me, tight and hard, I saw what he was doing.  Which was, when I looked up, to move me out of the way as he pushed a small piece of furniture, like a small dresser from the back closet, towards the door.  He pushed it against the door after he locked it.  Just like he did with the heavy dresser in the bedroom.  Now, we had something blocking them out of the bath as well.  However... there was no resistance on the other side, from what we could hear.

"Where are they?" I asked from the floor behind him as he was on the floor as well, gun raised and waiting. He was looking between the open window and the guarded door.  There were shots still being fired... but none on the other side of the door.

Right after I asked, Luke looked behind him to me, his eyes looking me over and just as he did, his eyes shot towards the window.  At a noise... and at the same time he looked to the window, I realized why there wasn't any fighting to get in from the door.  It was just easier to go through the window in the room and come into this one to get us. 

Luke realized this too... especially as one a man came into sight that was on the roof and about to fire in at us. Only, Luke shot him first and was ready.  And the moment he shot him, he was yelling something to me through the constant fire that was still aimed at us too from the men in the yard.

"Albany!  Get a black case, it's in the back of the closet!" he screamed to me with a raspy and hard voice, a shaky one at the same time.  Looking him over for the smallest of a second, his eyes were bloodshot, his muscles tight, and a mess.  Even some blood along him.  Probably splattered from who he shot.... Who he shot, who I shot... what was the difference? Dead is dead and blood is blood.

He fired more shots out the window to either the people in the yard or ones trying to come in on the roof; I couldn't tell because I was frozen in place.  In my mind, which was numb.  His head shot towards me the second he saw I wasn't moving.  And in a demanding voice, he said, "Get the damn case!" he said, pleading and ordering when he looked at me, a sorrowful look in his eyes at the same time.  But that's all I could digest.  I couldn't process anymore than I already had.

I moved without feeling myself as I scrambled towards the back of the bathroom.  And to where the large closet was on the left side of the back, slightly hidden away within this bathroom.  I rushed inside the closet and with it dark in here for the most part, it required a lot of feeling around.  Until I eventually did find it.  A black case in the very back of the closet against the wall.  So I dragged the heavy box (which was as big as a suit case) out and to him, staying low and staying on guard as I kicked it towards him. My eyes darted out the window in search for more of these guys.