TGND part 6

There stood Sophie looking like the most beautiful girl I had ever laid eyes on.

She was wearing a light blue dress which was so close to white that whoever had made the colour would only have to pour another drop of white to make the blue invisible. It showed off her figure as the shape would mould around her hips but flare out it they reached her legs. Its safe to say that she looked drop dead gorgeous.

“Wow Sophie!” I breathed out, stepping up to get a better look, “You look amazing!”

She beamed at me as she twirled around and looked in the mirror. Turning to Lisa she said, “We might just be the hottest girls there.”

“Babe, we WILL be the hottest girls there” Lisa responded and Emma confirmed it with a nod.

Emma didn’t have her dress on yet because apparently they didn’t want to ‘ruin the surprise’. I hadn’t even asked her to prom yet. Wait did that mean I was going to ask her to prom? I didn’t even know!

“Finally we get to go!” Connor practically ran for the door.

The weekend was over and it was time for my first day back at school. Apparently there had been renovations to make our school larger since there was a local school that was shut down so we were joined by at least 70 other students for every grade.

I drove my cherry red 1969 mustang fastback and parked it in the senior parking area. This was the first time I had brought it to school. It was my granddads old car but it didn’t work so I made the deal with him that if I put my work and time into revamping it, then I would be able to own it.

I ignored the envious looks of my peers as I stepped out of my car and grabbed my bag out the back seat. I felt the presence of someone behind me and when I turned around I saw none other then Ian Starkey, one of my close friends from before I left.

“Starkey!” I called out before he enveloped me into a quick hug.

“Nothing gay about that hug at all Mr James Carter” He joked. “Where the hell have you been man? I know you’ve been in France but we haven’t heard from you at all!”

“I know, I barely got any internet connection and the phone reception was absolute crap!” I replied.

“Its great to have you back Carter, but can I ask where that bony kid went?”

“Chucked him out the plane on the way back” I joked.

“No seriously, looks as though your gonna have quit the track team and try out for the real mans sport of football!”

“Wouldn’t it have already started though?”

“Nah Carter, tryouts are next Tuesday. If you’re serious about it I could give you some help if you want” He offered

“That’d be great! Ive always wanted to play but ive just been too small”

“I don’t think that’s gonna be a problem anymore” He smirked, “Come over here, ill introduce you to some of the new guys”

I followed behind him and laughed as he stopped at a car window to check out his blonde hair.

He led me to a group of about 8 people lounging on the stairs. I already knew three of them, two guys who were fairly decent and a girl who I remember as a slut. I was met by a chorus of ‘Hello” and “Sup”

“Everyone this is James Carter, he’s just gotten back from being in France for 8 months.”

“James Carter? You’re kidding me right? Holy shit dude, you’re so not that loser you used to be!” One of the guys I already knew, Evatt, exclaimed.

“I swear that’s the only thing people say to me” I shrugged.

“James this is John, Sam, Jackie, Louisa and Natalie” Stark introduced me but the names just flew right over my head. I guessed that they were part of ‘The cool group” as they had the kind of attitude and posture adopted only by that kind.

“Wish I could stay and chat but ive really gotta go and get my schedule” I looked through the double doors of our school.

“Il come with you, I have to pick something up from reception” One of the new girls, Jackie I think her name was, smiled up at me.

“Yeah sure thing, lets go”