TGND Part 2

Comment and Vote if you've ever pushed a pull door! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instead she rushed forward and pulled my arms away. “James, what the hell are you doing?! You could seriously hurt him, now let go!” She yelled. My face fell at the same time my heart was ripped out. 

I pushed past her and the crowd of surprised faces and went outside to front porch, my legs dangling over the edge whilst my eyes watched the neighbourhood I had missed so much. 

This moment of peace was broken when I heard Liam yelling at Sophie, telling her how she can’t just drape herself over ‘random’ guys and act like a slut. When she talked back to him, probably trying to explain herself, the unmistakable sound of a slap was heard. The anger that boiled inside me could have probably killed someone. 

No one touches Sophie like that, but I was scared I would lose control with my rage, it had happened before, I would get mad and start to fight but I would black out and forget everything I had done, I didn’t want to come back to consciousness with Sophie crying and him lying on the floor. 

I tried to get my head around Soph dating a guy like him. He was a complete tool and the Sophie I left behind would never go for someone like him. 

I heard the fly screen door opening behind me slowly and felt someone sit cautiously next to me. 

“Things were weird without you here” Emma started, I didn’t respond so she continued, “Sophie was lost, literally lost, its amazing how much she relies on you to keep her sane. When she moved to her new school, she told me she hated it, no one wanted to be her friend, no one wanted to break their friendship groups and make room for another person. Every week her school would meet up with their brother school for social gatherings a what not. Liam just so happened to be the popular guy, the one all the girls lusted after, he took a liking to Sophie and when he asked her to go out, she jumped at the chance to go out with this so called god. Soon she made friends, and she belonged. Its obvious that he is violent and pretty much a dickhead, Sophie has tried to tell him she doesn’t want to go out with him so he gets violent. She’s scared to break up with him. I'm sure she didn’t mean to get mad at you before, I bet it was all for show to please Liam.” She finished. I sat in silence for a couple of minutes, processing her words. 

I was glad it was Emma who came out to talk to me, although my hormones were going crazy just sitting next to her, she was always easy to talk to and I felt comfortable talking to her. 

“But why am I jealous of him? I don’t see Soph in a romantic way, but seeing her with him in that way just makes me mad” I asked. 

“That’s simple, your not used to sharing her with another guy and when you come back, just wanting her to yourself, you cant. I suppose your just angry because you have to share her attention” She shrugged. 

I turned to face her, “Why are girls so good at this?” I asked. 

“At what?” Her nose crinkled up, making her look unbelievably cute. 

“All this talking crap. You ask a guy, he’l grunt, but you girls know each others problems inside out!” Emma’s mouth turned up at the sides into a smile. 

“I suppose its cause we talk a lot, we listen and take it in” 

“Its good, I wouldn’t stop doing it!” I informed her. 

“I don’t think you can stop!” She laughed. 

“Anyone else had girlfriends or boyfriends I wouldn’t have heard of?” I asked. 

“Lisa did for a few weeks when you first left, fell head over heels for the guy then she walked in on him sleeping with another girl, now shes vowed to never trust men and only date a guy for 3 weeks maximum. Weird I know, but hey, you cant stop her. Nick and Annie broke up the day you were leaving,” I nodded because I knew about that second one, “Connor’s been his usual player self and Xavier has a long term girlfriend, they are so cute together!” She gushed. I laughed. “What about you?” She asked. 

“What about me?” 

“Any love interests in france?” She wiggled her eyebrows making me laugh again. 

“There was never really any time, always busy but I had a bit of a summer fling with this cute girl who lived opposite, nothing serious though” I shrugged, “You?” 

“Me? Nah. Ive had this crush on a guy for ages, but you know, hes changed heaps and I doubt he would look at me in that way. Girls will probably be dropping to his feet for him now!” 

“Sounds like quite the guy” I smiled. 

“If only you knew” She sighed. 

“How’s your dad been?” I asked softly after a moments silence. Before I left her Dad was diagnosed with cancer and I hadn’t heard anything of it yet.

She took a deep breathe before answering, “He’s as good as it gets for a cancer patient, a couple of weeks ago he had some more surgery and theyre thinking of making the chemo more frequent and in larger doses,” Her voice cracked, “But he’s getting weaker and theyre not sure if he can hold on for much longer” Through the glare of the moonlight I saw a tear slip down er cheek. I put my arm around her and pulled her into a hug, her head resting against my chest. 

I felt her tears soak into my shirt but I didn’t care. I stroked her hair lightly, muttering ‘shh’s” to make her feel better. 

“I haven’t really delt with this stuff before, so im not really sure what to say, but im thinking the best thing is to have hope. Sometimes hope is all you have. When my little sister passed away it felt like the whole world came crashing down, the only things I had left of her were memories. So if your thinking these might be his last moments, make them his best moments, spend some time with him that you’ll remember. Do something special” I said softly. 

I gave her my hand as I stood up. “Thanks James, you always know what to say” She laughed weakly. I hugged her again, “We really missed you!” 

“I missed all you guys, an unbelievable amount!”

Sorry this is quite short and its just a filler, to get you assosciated with emma and the relationship she shares with james

please comment, vote and i will give you a cyber cookie! Tell me what your favourite type of cookie is and we can get that organised ;)