TGND Part 1

hey guys, so this is a new story i have been working on, please tell me what you think

 Vote and Comment if youve ever gotten the song you hate stuck in your head! "Its friday, friday, getting down on friday" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sophie had been my best friend for as long as I can remember. We met when I moved from a big noisy city to a quiet suburban street, I was three years old at the time so I don’t remember anything but my Mum just loves telling me about how cute I was and how I was such a sweet little boy, all the usual Mum stuff.

Anyway, back to the story, Soph’s parents dropped by to welcome us into the community and my parents absolutely adored them! Soon they were organising dinner parties together, signing up for doubles tennis together, basically our Mums were inseparable and our Dads became the best of friends.

When our parents were out they didn’t want to have to pay for two separate babysitters so instead they put us together and shared the cost of one.

Soph and I could barely understand the gibberish each other spoke, but soon enough we formed a friendship just like our Mums.

I had just arrived back from France, a trip that was 8 months long, the longest Soph and I had ever been apart. I was there to leant the language and how to cook some amazing food, my Uncle took me as he is a millionaire and when he offered me this once in a lifetime opportunity I just couldn’t say no. In most areas the phone connection was really bad or non existent so keeping in touch with people back home was incredibly hard!

I covered the distance between the two houses separating us from becoming neighbours, knocking lightly on the door before I heard the muffled sound of footsteps slowly growing louder and the clicking of the door handle.

It swung open to reveal Sophie’s older sister Monny. Her face lit up with excitement and she waved her hands around, jumping around on the balls of her feet.

“Holy crap James, I haven’t seen you for forever!” She squealed as the air was crushed from my lungs as I experienced the tightest hug ever in my life.

I tried to calm her down by holding her shoulders to stop her bouncing around but this only made her try harder. I laughed and she pulled me back into a hug again. My cheeks were starting to hurt from smiling so much, but I couldn’t help it, Monny was just like an older sister to me with an age gap of just 1 and a half years so we managed to get on well.

She stepped back from me and looked me from head to toe before attempting to whistle but just blowing a bit of air out of her lips, “Where have you put the scrawny kid with pasty skin and a tangled brown mop as a poor excuse for hair? You look great! I mean it”

She was right, I looked a lot different from when I had left. “That’s what my Mum said to me, she said, and I quote, ‘Where is my baby boy and who is this man replacing him?’” I told Monny, she laughed and I continued, “Well I finally hit my growth spurt, my uncle insisted on buying me a whole new wardrobe and a ‘stylish’ new haircut, oh theres also the fact that he is a complete fitness freak so I have been working out practically every morning and the beaches there really give you a good tan” I listed.

“Well Soph is just upstairs with her friends im sure she will be absolutely thrilled to see you!” As if to confirm that she was here an ear piercing yell of ‘JAMES!’ was called out. Seconds later a flying ball of colour launched itself into my arms, wrapping her arms and legs around me.