Chapter 10

“Merry Christmas!” My parents chimed as I came downstairs.

“Merry Christmas mom, dad.”

We all gathered in the dining room to have our traditional Christmas breakfast. It was the only time of year we truly had a feast in the morning. Mom went all out with dad's favorites and we'll as mine. We finished up and like every year, went to open our presents under the tree.

Mom had picked me out some clothes, they were a little feminine for my taste but I knew I would soon have occasions to wear them. Dad of course wrapped cash in 3 different boxes, thinking he was clever. The rest was stuff for my soon to be college life. I had got them both what they asked for, a new skincare kit and a tool set.

“So what's the plan for today?” Mom called from the kitchen as she was washing the dishes.

“You guys are stuck with me for a couple more hours, then our friends are meeting up at Yun Hees for a gift exchange.” I smiled to.myself thinking of everyone fighting over presents. My heart skipped a beat when I thought of Hoseok. Calm down. It'll be okay.

I jumped out of my thoughts when my phone started to buzz several times in my pocket.

Yun Hee: GUYS I'M SO EXCITED!!

Yun Hee: But I'm not excited to see Taehyung.

Hyo Rin: Are you two still fighting? It's been a few days already, get over it and make up.

Yun Hee: No! 😤 He doesn't care about me.

I rolled my eyes at my dramatic friend and typed back.

Su Jin: He does care about you, just talk to him and see what he says.

Yun Hee: We DID talk. He just doesn't understand why I'm upset.

Taehyung isn't the only one who's unsure why you're being like this.

Su Jin: Let's just talk about it later. I'll see you guys soon. Merry Christmas. 🎄🎁

-

I walked into Yun Hees house and I was shocked to find only Hyo Rin, Yun Hee and Jin there. I asked where everyone was but apparently they were all running late. We all sat together and waited. Jin tried to help Hyo Rin and I talk some sense into Yun Hee about Taehyung. Apparently she thinks he doesn't care because he wasn't awake to comfort her during the scary movie and didn't care that Jimin was all over her. We agreed it was weird that he didn't seem bothered but told her he may just not know to be jealous. Yun Hee was his first girlfriend after all.

One by one the other guys finally started to show up. Hoseok was the last to arrive. He stumbled in and apologized for being so late. He explained that he had lost one of the gifts and it took him forever to find it. Taehyung and Yun Hee weren't speaking, so naturally Yun Hee followed Yoongi around moping. Hyo Rin and Jin were already exchanging their couple gifts.

Hobi nervously approached me and handed me a small nicely wrapped box. “Merry Christmas Su Jin.”

I opened it up to find a necklace, it had half a batman logo on it. I looked up to him, confused. He pointed to a necklace he was wearing, it was the other half of the pair. I knew he liked batman but friendship necklaces?

“It's our couples necklace. To remind you I'll always come whenever you're in trouble or you need me.” He gave me a goofy smile and nervously scratched his head.

I couldn't stifle my laughter, as much as I tried. “Oh Hobi you're adorable. This is so cheesy. I love it!”

Namjoon clicked his tongue, causing us to both turn to find him standing close by. “You buy your girlfriend a friendship necklace?” he rolled his eyes before shoving a present at me. I unwrapped it quickly to find a pair of expensive headphones.