Chapter 1

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

"Aaaaaggghh.." I slapped my alarm clock off the nightstand, turning over in bed.

"Rise and shine sweetie, first day of school!" My mom cheerily called to me from the other side of my door.

I groaned a little before grabbing my phone to check the time. 6:30, well that gives me plenty of time to get ready and have breakfast before I leave. I rolled out of bed and lazily made my way to the bathroom to get ready.

"How does it feel? It's your first day of the last year of high school! This time next year you'll be in college." Mom went on as she set breakfast on the table.

I didn't dislike school, however I wasn't ecstatic about it like some people are. I enjoyed my classes and my friends, but it felt monotonous at times. I was ready to just glide through the year and be on my way to bigger and better things.

"I don't really know, I guess it will be just another boring year of school."

Mom huffed at my response. "You never know, this year could be different!"

"Yeah, okay mom."

I didn't expect my mom to be right, this year would most definitely be different.

----

"Su Jin! I'm so relieved to see you here, the others haven't shown up yet." Hyo Rin smiled, linking arms with me as we walked to our classroom.

I chuckled. "I'm happy to see you too Hyo Rin. Happy to be back?"

"Of course! You know how much I love this place." She was practically glowing from enthusiasm.

Hyo Rin is one of my best friends. She's part of every school club she can join and makes good grades, she is the student council president and volunteers in the library when she can. She's our over achiever, but we're grateful to have her.

We sat at our desks and waited for the others to show up, slowly the classroom filled with familiar faces. Right as the bell rang, the door swung open and my other friend flew into a seat by me.

Hyo Rin clicked her tongue at the girl. "Yun Hee, you can't even bother to come a little early on the first day?"

Yun Hee rolled her eyes, glaring at Hyo Rin. "I hit the snooze too many times, sorry I value my sleep!"

"You should value your education more!" Hyo Rin yelled.

"That's enough, settle down!" our homeroom teacher walked in to begin the class.

Yun Hee was the lazy one of the group. She didn't care about her grades that much and only did whatever appealed to her in the moment. She and Hyo Rin bickered constantly, leaving me to laugh at them.

Our lesson was mostly discussing the plans for the school year and college exams. The morning seemed to go by quickly, as the bell for lunch rang out. Yun Hee practically ran out of the classroom, Hyo Rin scoffing at her and complaining about how she cares more about food than her grades.

We took our usual seats in the lunchroom, Yun Hee was already waiting for us, a pile of banana milk and junk food in front of her.

"YUN HEE! Eat a proper meal!" Hyo Rin scolded her as Yun Hee looked away, pretending not to hear a word she said.

We were happily chatting about our breaks when Hyo Rin raised and eyebrow and nodded at a table nearby. There were seven unfamiliar boys sitting there, they were all quite attractive. They were laughing as one of them looked like he was having a stroke by the weird faces he kept making.

"You know them?" I asked.

"Not yet. They appear to be new." Hyo Rin replied, giving the boys a nasty glare. She thought of new students as more work for her.

Yun Hee perked up. "Whoa. Some of them are super hot. Dibs!"

Hyo Rin and I shook our heads at the boy obsessed girl. Yun Hee had a habit of falling in love with boys at first sight, unlike Hyo Rin and myself who've been single forever.

One of the boys suddenly met my gaze, he smiled at me and waved, cute dimples on his cheeks.

He looks so familiar, I swear I know him.

---

A/N: First published BTS fic. Ahhh I hope it isn't awful! My friend is a J-hope stan and can't find many fics she likes with him in them, so I wrote this for her. :D