Chapter 7

Time felt like it was moving painfully slow, weeks passed by but to me it felt like years. Trying to deal with my growing feelings for Hoseok and Namjoon trying to force his way into my heart, it was exhausting. Juggling school on top of everything just made it that much more difficult. Before I knew it, December was here and it was only two weeks until winter break.

Winter break of course meant finals. Staying locked up at home to study was keeping my mind off the boys for the most part. However I wasn't getting much sleep and whenever I was at school my friends joked that I looked like the undead.

Friday morning I woke up an hour late. I felt like I was freezing and my body was aching. I slugged out of bed and did my best to hurry and change, not even paying attention to my messy hair and bags under my eyes.

Once I got to class, my friends gasped when they saw my appearance.

“Su Jin are you sick?” Hyo Rin rushed to my side, a worried expression on her face.

“I'm fine.” I grumbled as I laid my head on the desk.

Yun Hee waved a stick of makeup in my face. “Hurry up and use this concealer before Hoseok or Namjoon see you.”

Hyo Rin shot her a glare. They started the usual banter and I cupped my ears, desperately just wanting to sleep and have some quiet.

I managed to nap through my morning classes with minimal interruption. When it was time for lunch I dragged my feet behind me as I walked out. The walk to the lunch room felt like a journey to a distant land. When I went to lean against a locker, I felt an arm around my waist and someone pulling me to lean on them.

“Leave me alone Namjoon.” I muttered, hoping he would just drop me so I'd have a reason to lay down. He didn't let me go. Instead he was guiding me towards the office. I whined and tried to break away, but he held on tight. Finally looking up to yell at him, I was in awe when the person holding me wasn't Namjoon. It was Hoseok.

“Still want me to leave you alone?” He grinned. His smile alone made me feel warm. I shook my head and took the opportunity to lean into him more. He just chuckled and kept leading me.

Hoseok asked the office ladies if he could take me home. One look at my sorry state and they agreed, it wasn't like my family could come pick me up anyway.

-

Once we were at my house, Hoseok walked me up to my room and helped me lay down on the bed. He put his hand to my forehead and his eyes shot open.

“Su Jin! You have a fever. Why did you come to school?”

I groaned a little before responding. “Finals. Need to study.”

Hoseok shook his head at me. He quickly left the room, causing me to feel dejected. Why did he have to leave? I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep, sad that I didn't have Hoseok at my side anymore.

-

“Su Jin. Wake up.”

I cracked open my eyes at the soothing voice. I was met with Hoseok giving me a reassuring smile.

“I made you soup! You need to eat it and take some medicine.” He helped me sit up before handing me a glass of water and pills.
I choked the medicine down and reached for the hot soup he sat next to me. He watched me struggle to eat, reaching for the spoon several times to help me but I shook my head. I can't let him feed me. That's only cute in shows. It'd be humiliating.

He waited for me to finish before he grabbed my hand. “You should feel better soon. You need to rest though, I should leave you alone.” He stood up to leave but I refused to let go of his hand.

He gave me a puzzled look, waiting for me to speak up.

I swallowed my pride. “C-can you stay for awhile? You're really… warm.”

His cheeks turned pink and he smiled awkwardly at me, trying to not make eye contact. He nodded and sat next to me on the bed. Not letting go of my hand.

It wasn't long before I fell back asleep. I felt so comfortable and happy with him there, I couldn't keep my eyes open long enough to truly bask in the moment.

-

I was woken up by the sound of the front door slamming shut. My eyes shot open and I jumped. Either a parent just got home or is leaving for work. How long have I been asleep? Wait… what's that? I turned over and felt like my face caught fire at the sight. Hoseok was on the bed with me. He had his arm draped over my side and was pushed up against my back.

AM I CUDDLING WITH HOBI??

I turned over and tapped a finger on his nose. “H-hobi, wake up.”

He shifted around and pulled me into his chest. I feel like I'm about to explode, why are you doing this to me right now? I tapped his nose again and shook him a little. Such a heavy sleeper.

Finally after a few minutes he started to whine and opened his eyes a little. Our eyes met briefly before his shot open and he sat straight up. “Oh! I'm sorry I didn't mean to… well you were sick and I… you just seemed…” he was rambling and trailing off. Clearly nervous about waking up with me in his arms. He was saved from trying to explain himself by a sudden knock on the door.

“Su Jin how are you feeling? The school called and said you left early. Do you need anything?” My mother's voice rang out.

“N-no I just need to sleep mom!”

We stayed as quiet as possible until we heard her walk away and down the hall. Hobi turned to me and laughed awkwardly. “I didn't mean to… not that I don't want.. Agh why can't I talk correctly!?”

I tried to stifle my laughter as best I could but failed miserably. “It's okay, really. I don't mind at all. It was sweet of you.”

His cheeks turned from pink to red when he glanced up at me. He couldn't hide the smile creeping up on his face. It made my heart flutter. Ahh stay calm Su Jin.

“Well if you want, I can stay and lay with you a bit longer.” He reached out to grab my hand, giving me his stunning smile. All I could do was nod as I was lost for words. He pulled me closer again and we laid down. He stayed for couple hours, telling me silly stories and talking about his plans after we graduate. When I started to feel sleepy again he made up a wild fantasy story about pirates and kept it going until I finally fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed. I stretched and found I was alone in my bed.  I grabbed my phone to check the time and saw Hobi had sent me a text,

Hoseok: I had a great time talking to you. 😀 I hope you feel better soon. I'm sorry I couldn't stay to be there when you wake up. 😭 I didn't want to get beaten by your parents. I hope you slept well. If you are feeling better when you wake up would you mind going out with me today? I kind of miss you already… ❤