“And what is that?”

“His mother.”  She mumbled.  “No one is ever up to her expectations and she’s even made some of his past girlfriends cry from her interrogation.  It’s bad, but I know that I can pass, but he refuses to give me a chance. Oh that and he doesn’t like me.  That’s a major setback to our future.”

“Well, I can’t see why, you’re not bad looking.” I said trying not to make her mad.  Naturally anyone can see why he’d run.

“It’s not all about looks for him though.  That’s the problem.  I know I’m hot, but apparently I’m too mean, so whatever.” She rolled her eyes.  That girl had no class.

“I see.  Well, I wish you luck in your pursuit.” I replied politely.

“Thanks Miss Barbie doll.”  She said running down the hall.

I was a little shocked.  I was sure that that was an insult and it’s never happened to me like that before.

I made my way back to the office and my mom was just finishing up with the principal. 

“Hello dear.  We’re going to leave in about five minutes.”  She said smiling.  I smiled back and sat down.

I thought about that boy that ran into me.  My back still hurt from hitting the ground, and it reminded me that it wasn’t just my imagination.  Declan Meyers.  A very charming name.  I blushed a little thinking about when I looked up into his eyes.  He was very handsome.  When he got up and ran I got a good look at him.  He had light brown hair and such nice skin.  He was pretty tall.  From what it looked like maybe around six two or six three. 

All day and night after that his face kept flashing into my memory.  I couldn’t understand why though.  He was the first boy that ever got that close to me and it was quite rattling.

When we got home my mom made me go upstairs and try on my uniform.  It consisted of a black skirt, white polo, a navy blue jacket with the school’s symbol, and tights for the cold weather.  It wasn’t a completely awful looking outfit.  It wasn’t very flattering though.

I took the uniform off and changed back into my dress.

Our new house was very big, much bigger than our old one.  It had four bedrooms, a very large kitchen, a game room, a family room, and a nice dining room.  There were three bathrooms throughout the house and one of them was attached to my room.  I only have an older brother who is moved out and living with his wife back in Colorado where we just moved from.  He works for that branch of my father’s business right now.

I walked to the kitchen to get something to eat.

I opened the refrigerator and got a juice box and some string cheese then just went to the couch and watched some TV.  My mother hated it when I lazed about like that.  She said that if I were to just sit there I might as well do something useful, and then give me some embroidery to do.  She’s very traditional.

I was raised that way my whole life and never argued, even when I was really irritated over things like that, I still never argued.  I was a very compliant child.

After a while my mother came in and did give me embroidery and changed the channel to a cooking show.  I sighed and simply did as I was told.

Every once in a while though, that boy’s face would flash through my memory and I would smile.  I just met him, but I thought I had a small crush.  I’d never had a crush before so I didn’t know, but I was looking forward to seeing him in the morning.  I wanted to throw that thought out of my head though.  It was highly inappropriate.  Along with that my mother would never approve of him or even dating in general.  She’s a strong advocate of courting.  Where the couple is never alone, they never call each other boyfriend and girlfriend, the parents must be able to get along and everything has to be watched and it’s quite suffocating.  I’ve never even wanted to dabble in it and I’m not going to now.  It’s too troublesome.