Accidental; Chapter Sixteen

Yvonne on the side ----------------->

-Raquel- 

I opened my eyes slowly, not even attempting to move. I can already feel the discomfort in my body from my head to my fucking toes. Ill admit, the nigga I fought last night gave me a run for my money but he still didn't win. He wasn't prepared for a fair fight, his body language told mme he was probably used to jumping niggas. But after the ass wwhooping i dished out laast night, I assure you, he will probably never attempt to raise his fists again.  

After discovering my arms empty of Dante's body I finally , and slowly , sat up. 

Listening, the house sounds empty, but I know better than that.  

Knowing Dante and Raven they're probably laid up in the living room watching tv together and whispering back and forth.  

That's what they do, right? . 

I shuffled across the hall to the bathroom, took 2 asprin and climbed my ass back in bed.  

I woke up a few hours later with Drake standing over me" nigga wake up! " 

I groaned " who let yo' ass in here? " 

" Garret." 

" and who let his ass in? " 

" Trey? " 

" and who let him in? !"  

" Raven, but that's besides the point. Get yo' ass up. We goin' to the basketball court down ont he corner. " he turned to walk away . " oh, and wash yo' ass , too. " 

A took a quick shower, washing away any anger I still feel from last night along with the pain . Its a new day, a new time, I feel like im going to have great new experiences today.  

A game of 2 on 2 with the homeboys and then maybe spend some time with the love of my life. That sounds about right.  

I made a mental note to remind my mother about college shopping. Im going to need a bundle of things for my dorm room .  

Speaking of college I can't wait. I think it'll bring about a new outlook on life for me as well as new experience and laast but not least, a hell of a lot of fun.  

Maybe the fun will ease the pain I know ill feel from being away from Dante.  

I dressed in a pair of grey and black basketball shorts, a grey t-shirt , and a pair off white and grey Nike running shoes. Perfect basketball attire .  

As I made my way down the steps I listened to my mother and sister talk.  

I think its funny how not once do I remember them getting into it like most of the girls and their parents in my neighborhood. My mother isn't strict but what she says goes. Me and Raven have a certain respect for her that , no matter what, is never crossed.  

Today must be one of the rare days my mother has off.  

I peeped into the living room and sure enoguh, The were sitting on the couch watching some soap opera on tv and talking about it back and forth.  

" ma', im going to the 'court. " 

She waved me off" be quiet boy! Im trying to catch up on the show. " 

" Raven, where is Dante? " 

" he went home this morning. He's supposed to be back later on. Now, shush, go! " 

I chuckled . 

Those two and fucking soap operas.  

I have half a mind to run in there and start talking a mile a minute just to distract them.