Twenty-Two

"Frida, Mitchell, Charles, Luigi, Tara, Madelyn. I'm sorry to say this, but I must leave Earth for good. I'm sick of everything here," Seth told the roommates when everyone sat down at the couch. "Seth!! You can't go! Can you please stay with us at least until after New Years?" begged Madelyn.
Seth thought for a second. "...fine. I will stay here until January second. On that day, I'm withdrawing from here. You will never see me again,"
"Can we at least contact you somehow?" cried Mitch. "That's not possible, on account that my home is way too far away from here. Skype, Whatsapp, iMessage, Google+, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and all that crap doesn't exist in my world. However, as a farewell present, I have this thing for you all," Seth declared and pulled out an object the roommates have never seen before. "What in history is this?" asked Tara, glaring at the object. "It looks like a bagel with a pencil poked through it," whispered Chuck. "That's because it is a bagel with a pencil poked through it, derp! This works like this: if you have an issue, you press this button multiple times, until you'll get a different issue that suits you more than the problem you got in first place. For example, I broke my hand and I'm in extreme pain. I'm bawling and crying. However, I have this stunning bagel with a pencil poked through it that will save the day!! I press the button, and a different problem occurs! My hand is fixed, however anything else could happen! Like the lights will go out! Or I will lose the ability to speak! Anyway, raise your hands if you get the concept of this object I invented!"
Everyone raised their hands, as Tara yelped in pain. "What in history?!" gasped Chuck. "Cramps! I'm on my period! Ah, Jesus Christ!!" she hollered and dashed to the bathroom. "This is a perfect opportunity to test the bagel with a pencil poked through it!!" cheered Seth and glided after Tara. "Tara! Try this!!" he said and handed his invention to the girl. "Do I just press this button?" she asked and without waiting for an answer, tapped it. The second the did, her cramps were gone, however her teeth vanished. "No! I'd rather have cramps than be toothless!!" she gasped and pressed the button again. Her phone got immense cracks all over it. "Ahh!! This is something that I desperately don't will to have!!" Tara panicked and stabbed the button. A tiny scab appeared on her leg. "Ideal!! I prefer this than cramps!"
Seth smiled. "You like this, don't you?"
Time went on. December 30, 31, 2013 came. A new year, a brand new fresh start. January 1. Finally, Seth's final day on Earth came: January 2. Each roommate willed to give a little something to Seth for him to keep in memory of him. Everyone, even Luigi who hated the alien cried. "I don't want Seth to go!" sobbed Madelyn, "he changed my life! He made it better for me!" she handed Seth her diva fake velvet blanket. Her favorite one. "Keep this," she whimpered. "And this is a little souvenir from Chicago," whispered Chuck, handing Seth a toy whale. "This is from both me and Mitch. We went on that trip together," the man began to cry. "Take my cookbook. Maybe you can cook my meals at home," said Frida, giving a thick book to the alien. "Take this...your daughters might enjoy this," whispered Tara, tossing a Barbie doll to Seth. "And take this," said Luigi, handing him Diesel's mushroom. "I never had a use for it, I thought it might help us kill Fuel Flames, but no...it has no power. Maybe you'll find a use for it,"
After the roommates gave their alien friend a gift, it was time to put on coats and head outside to see off Seth. "I'm truly going to miss you all. If I could, I would come back, however, I can't. I can't decide for myself...but look how close you all are now!"
"That's true," noticed Mitch, looking at his roommates. "I don't even remember having a fight with any of you since Seth came here!" 

Seth smiled. "The adventure has brought you closer to each other! I have achieved 2 of my goals: Chuck can now walk and you all are close friends. Now it's time for this! Follow me, everyone! Luigi, close your eyes and don't open them until I say so!"

The alien led the roommates to Community High School, back to the area where the males discovered him. "Luigi, you can open your eyes!" he said, and the man removed his hands from his eyeballs. "This is for you!" Seth told him and pointed to a Ferrari. A real Ferrari, the most expensive, the newest model. "That...for me?!" The man gasped, and before he knew it...

He smiled.
For the first time in fifteen years, the man had a smile on his face. The roommates began to cheer. They have never seen a smile on Luigi's face before, and they all felt happy to at last see one. Frida blushed. "You're so cute when you smile!!"
Seth clapped. "Yes, this Ferrari is all yours! And this smile is all yours! And I have one final present for you guys," he handed Madelyn a photo frame. It had a picture of Seth and co on Pluto. "My lord!! Thank you, Seth,"
Seth bowed. "Good luck to you all, happiness, love, health. Now, I must go. Farewell,"
The alien kissed every roommate in the cheek and headed toward his helicopter, which was standing in the schoolyard. "Farewell, Earth!" he said. "Farewell, Seth!!" The humans cheered, as Seth glided into his helicopter, turned on the engine, and flew away. "Goodbye, Seth!! Adios! Addio! Farewell! You'll be missed!! Say hello to Björn!" The roommates yelled at once and watched their friend's helicopter vanish in the sky.

Since Seth's departure, four months have passed. Graduation day for the roommates came. That meant that it was time to leave, and the roommates won't be roommates anymore. Madelyn stayed in her apartment, she decided she didn't need to go anywhere. Mitch and Chuck made a decision to move to Madison, Wisconsin and start a new life there together. Tara returned to her hometown, Chicago. Luigi and Frida fell in love and went to live in Canada. A year later they got married in Montreal, and all their ex-roommates from college made an appearance at the wedding.

Another three years came and went. Madelyn married a man and became a mother. A day came where Madelyn's husband went to serve in the army, and Madelyn stayed in her apartment with her one-month-old baby. "Then, he gave Luigi a Ferrari, Luigi finally smiled. And even laughed. He felt so happy. After that, Seth left, and we have never heard from him again. Every time we face call each other, me and my ex-roommates, we always speak of Seth. And this is the reason I gave you the name Seth," she declared to her baby, but baby Seth didn't understand a thing and fell asleep in his mother's arms. Madelyn rocked him in her chair, remembering the good times with the amazing Seth and her friends. Imagining that this apartment was one day full of college students and an alien. Stars in the night sky sparkled. Good old days, thought Madelyn.

END