Four

It was 11 pm. Luigi was walking home from his friend Oskar's flat. He and a few others had a tiny party there. Once he was on West Liberty Street, he heard someone singing softly: "You've won a mansion, Luigi! You better come and check it out! Or else you're dead!"
Luigi gasped and froze. "What mansion?" he asked the voices quietly, but nobody answered. "Meh, I just watched too much horror movies," he told himself and continued his way home. "We know what we're talking about! Now go to the mansion!" the voices said again.
That really creeped the man out. "Oh crap! Oh crap! Oh crap! Ghosts!" he shouted and started running. "You're not going anywhere, fatass!" the voice screamed again. Suddenly, an arm that was colder than ice grabbed him.
"Augh! No! It found me! It got me!" Luigi shrieked, and suddenly he found himself in his pajamas, and on his air mattress.
During breakfast, he told the roommates about his dream. 
"And then...they were about to kill me or something, but I didn't find out because I screamed and I woke up," Luigi finished.
After breakfast, Seth gathered up the roommates for a meeting. "I'm here to mention that what Luigi mentioned this morning is real. Very far away from here, in an area that is only known to us aliens, there is a mansion. Long ago, a rich family resided there, however, one day, some of Diesel's minions came, killed them all, and took over the mansion. They made it into a hideout and have been capturing people from all around the world to have as slaves. My friend Zak from my planet told me that it's so haunted down there that whoever entered it will never get back out. It's always empty and silent. As big as a hotel. There is a long staircase that leads to the basement, and the further you go, the darker it gets. The hideout is in the basement. So, I am going to send one of you there. Who will go?"
Tara grabbed Chuck. "Chuck can't go, he needs to rest, and he shouldn't enter haunted stuff like that because he already has--"
"You don't need to gossip about my cerebral palsy! Now please let go of me!" Chuck interrupted and made a sick look on his face.
"Luigi should go!" called Tara. "Yeah! Luigi shall bustle!" Madelyn agreed. "He even dreamed about this!"
However, Luigi wasn't satisfied. He knew he wouldn't survive. His knees started to shake. "Guys...I think someone else should go. Luigi is already depressed," Frida uttered, but Madelyn stopped her. "No, he's not! He's just feeling sorry for himself because he's so detained! That's that, he's going. Seth, Luigi's the person,"
The alien winked and pulled out his computer. He started typing something very rapidly and then he said, "Voom, boom, yah!" and words floated out of the screen. Then, they floated straight into Luigi's forehead and then to his mind. "These are the codes for everything. And you'll find and figure out the rest by yourself. By the way, take this fascination pocket mirror, and you'll be able to call me if you need help. Blow on it once, then wipe it, and either a hint or I will appear. Remember, you will only be able to call me 1 time." Seth explained.
Luigi nodded, then the alien typed in something again. That's when a circle that looked like it had a tornado inside appeared. "Now, go. You will not be able to get back until you save everyone. This is inevitable. Bon voyage!" Seth called as he forced Luigi to fall into the circle. "Now it will be so much better without that idiot!" Tara giggled and ran to play with her dolls. Frida just stood there and stared at the circle as it closed.
At a dark place, the circle opened and Luigi fell out. He looked around. There was a graveyard. And a pool full of water that looked like it has been there for about 15 years. And a couple of immense doors.
The man walked up to the entrance as the doors opened with a loud creak.
"Hello?" he whispered as he walked in. "Hello? Hello? Hello?...." his voice echoed loudly down the hallway. It's empty, Luigi said to himself and gradually started to move on.
Luigi thought he heard a ghost laughing, and when he turned his head, he saw the stairs to the basement. "I'm not going down there.." he whispered and backed away. "Go down to the basement, Luigi! There's someone waiting for you, so go save her! She has been trapped in there forever! Be a hero but not a scaredy cat!" voices sang faintly. The voices sounded like ghosts.
That creeped him out. "Go, go to the basement! Or else we will eat you!" the voices told him.
Luigi's skinny legs shook as he took a step toward the stairs. "Keep moving," the voices whispered. The man took another step. Before he knew it, he was right in front of the staircase. Just one more meter and I'll be on the stairs, Luigi thought and stared down the long staircase. It was pitch-black down there. Could the stairs be endless? The man wasn't sure. Seth didn't say anything about the looping stairs. Luigi took a deep breath and very anxiously, he stepped on the first step. Nothing happened. The mansion stayed silent. So silent that you could hear a pin drop.
Then, Luigi went further. He was frightened, believing that he will never be able to solve the mystery of that basement and get back home or play video games or read car magazines.
One of the things that Seth put in Luigi's mind was to make a certain move to make something appear or happen. Once the man was closer to the darkness, he clicked his tongue a couple of times, and a flashlight appeared. Once he grabbed it, Luigi looked back. The hallway seemed so far away from him.
Finally, after a while, Luigi walked off the final step of the staircase. He turned on the flashlight and walked into the dark basement.
Suddenly, he heard a sound. Luigi rapidly turned around. Nothing. Then, the sound got louder. And closer. "Aaah, I better get outta here!" he wailed. The second he did, the sound faded away.
Luigi went further into the basement. Out of nowhere, someone snatched the flashlight away from him. The man wanted to scream and run. "It's time for you to be eaten," a scary voice uttered. Luigi started to back away. "Haaaaaaa! Suck it, loser!" a ghost screamed right behind the man's back and showed him a stick with some icky liquid on it. He realized that whoever confiscated the flashlight shut it off, and it was so inky that Luigi couldn't see anything at all but a black background. And that's when he fainted.