Five

When the middle of September rolled up, Seth received a package from his planet. "SZPP, Inc.," Seth read out loud to himself and got really excited. SZPP stands for Seth, Zak & Peter Pingas Inc. The alien opened it rapidly and inside was a round sphere with a couple of holes and a letter.
Our dear friend Seth!
After you left Ninega, Peter P. and I decided to work on this without you (sorry). But a miracle happened--just two months ago, we finished this, tested it ten times, and it worked! We really hope that you'll be able to come back now and we'll try to invent something to destroy Fuel Flames and get Princess Pianta back.
We miss you, come back soon, Beth and your children say hi and big kisses; they want you to come back desperately!
Sincerely, Zak & Peter Pingas

"THE TURBO!!" he gasped with excitement and dashed down to the apartment. "CREW!! HOUSE MEETING! RING RING!" Seth called. The roommates entered the living room and sat down on the couch.
"Roommates. Today, I received a package with this sphere in it. And guess what? Zak, Peter Pingas and I were inventing something that would make traveling in the cosmos faster, safer and less complicated. And they did it without me! They sent me a letter, too, saying that this thing works! So tomorrow, we're going to Space...and we are gonna go to my galaxy! We have some severe issues over there. We have a dictator ruling over there, he has been president for almost twenty-six earth years, and we couldn't impeach him. We need your help, guys,"
When the roommates heard that, they got really happy inside. However, Madelyn wasn't rushing. "Frida, Chuck, Mitch and I have tests in the following three days, we can't just leave the planet!" Madelyn declared. Seth's eyeballs began to roll. "Okay, fine, but right after your exams, we're leaving for about three months..."
Later that day, Luigi stared at his family photograph from 1996. His father, Maurizio Broadway was shot that year, and that was the recent photo of the whole Broadway family. Luigi started to think. He hasn't seen his family since he was 17; he needed to go visit them before leaving. His stepfather, Blake Clinton, mother, Amidala Broadway, and his older brother and sister Morton and Adele stayed behind in Detroit after Luigi left. 
Blake was a tyrannical person, he was the reason why Luigi left. One day, when no one was home, Blake just shoved the old teenager into a car, drove to the middle of Interstate 94 and left him there with no food, water, or money. "Do not try to come to us, call, text, or email us. I will always watch for your number. And if you make an attempt to contact us, it will be ignored. Do you understand, chicken?" was the last thing Blake said before driving away. 

Luigi wasn't legal that year, and the thought that he would die from coldness, thirst, and hunger wouldn't go off of his mind. It took him two hours to catch a car to take him to the nearest town. Eventually, a kind person took Luigi to Ann Arbor. Luckily, one of the Wendy's' needed to hire a worker, and that's where 17-year old Luigi worked for a while.

The man wasn't in the mood for seeing Blake, but he desperately wanted and needed to visit his mother and siblings.
Oskar Helms, Luigi's pal from college, owned a car, so he took the man to Detroit.
The man got out of the car and headed to the house where his family lived. He took a little stroll on the railroads; he liked those things. But a very familiar voice forced him to freeze. "I looked at the skies running my hands over my eyes, and I fell out of bed hurting my head from things that I said 'till I finally died which started the whole world living..oh if I'd only seen that the joke was on me...Oh no that the joke was on me...♫"
Luigi slowly ambled toward the singing voice. "Blake?" he whispered. The man stopped singing and turned off the radio. "Blake?" Luigi asked again. "Yeah, my name's Blake. And who are you?" he asked. "I'm Luigi. Luigi Broadway..."
"I don't think I know any Luigis...except for that video game character,"
"I'm Amidala's son, don't you remember Amidala? You guys met on the plane, back in 1996...well, she was with two boys, and a young girl.."
"Amidala...Broadway...plane..three kids...1996...AAH! Now I remember! But let me tell you this, Luigi: your sister and brother I poisoned, then your mother, I had a little affair that she didn't really want, and then shot her, just like I did to your father," Blake declaimed with an evil smile.
"You...my father.. wait, what?!! You killed my dad?!!!" Luigi gasped.
Blake made a dirty look. "I did it because I was in love with your mother. I did it because I was jealous of your happy family. Your kin was the happiest in town. My wife died of HIV, and my son died of cot death. I fell into depression, and I found out that the Broadways were the happiest. So I shot that Maurizio guy when he left for work to ruin your happiness. And my goal was to destroy the family, too. And the mission accomplished,"
Blake stood up and pulled out his gun. Luigi backed away. "Now, prepare to die and join your family in hell!" shouted Blake, pulled the trigger and nearly hit Luigi. He threw the gun aside and went back into the hut. Once he left, Luigi stood up, grabbed the gun and ran away. He ducked behind the hut and cried for several hours. Through his watery eyes, he counted the bullets in the gun. Just one, he said to himself. The extreme sadness made the man sleepy, and Luigi fell asleep. 
In the middle of the night, Luigi was awoken by the sound of a train in the distance. He kind of hugged himself, when he saw Blake moving toward the railroad. The train was getting close. Luigi had to revenge on his stepfather. He knew he wouldn't be able to kill him with one bullet. Think, Luigi, think! Think fast!
Suddenly, Luigi stood up, ran up to Blake and shoved him right onto the railroad. The man watched as the train ran over, and killed his stepfather. "That's what you deserve for ruining my life," Luigi told the body after the train left.
When morning came, the man entered the hut where Blake was singing for the last time. He searched around for things that belonged to his siblings and parents when they were alive. Luigi found Morton's GameBoy Pocket (which was Morton's last birthday gift from his father), Adele's favorite childhood doll which she slept with every single night and had her involved in every tea party game, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System game console that he and Morton played together with all of their games (after Maurizio's death, Amidala couldn't afford to have the home anymore, so they had to leave and leave most belongings behind, but Morton snuck the console into his suitcase, since it was too valuable for him to leave behind), some old toys, Amidala and Maurizio's wedding rings in a box, Amidala's engagement ring, some of Morton's toy monsters and dinosaurs along with his boat and airplane models, some old drawings the Broadway kids made in elementary school, Maurizio's wallet with his long outdated ID and money that stayed there ever since, and a photo album. Luigi found a large backpack behind a table and placed his family's belongings in there. He found Morton's old jacket in the closet and put it on.

That same day, Luigi came home at 12:34 pm. Frida was fixing sauerkraut with hot dog slices and tomato paste for lunch. "Where were you?" she asked him when the man walked into the kitchen. "In Detroit, trying to visit my family..." Luigi whispered, he really didn't want to say that his family got murdered and that he shoved a person on a railroad. "Trying? Why didn't you?" she snickered. "It's not funny, it's the saddest thing ever," the man grouched back, trying not to cry. "I-uh, need to take a shower," he told her. "Well, go ahead. I bought a new bottle of shampoo, just saying," Frida explained and continued to cook.
Luigi pulled out his cheap clothes because he was too lazy to dress up, and once he came out of the bathroom, Chuck was waiting for him at the door. "Look what I got for my legs for the Space trip!" he gasped happily. Luigi looked at his legs. "You got braces?" he finally asked. Chuck nodded cheerfully. "Now I can at least walk faster and not use that wheelchair!"

Luigi dried his hair with a towel and sat on the couch in the living room to watch Chuck. The man made a circle around the living room. "You sure do walk faster, Charlie. Without those things, you make just one step in five seconds. I'm impressed," Luigi told him. Chuck smiled and sat down next to his roommate. "So, how's your family?" he asked.
The depressed man stared at Chuck. "It's a long story..." he replied, only half lying. Chuck was confused.: "A long story? What do you mean?"
-"Doesn't matter,"