Chapter 2. Water You Looking For?

Another scar

Another scar. Great. Worst of all, Vash took me. Not for dinner, he just up and potato sacked me all the way to a ghost town with but one inhabited mansion residence with the only running water in town. Great.

There's a knock on the door, and I let Vash get it since I'm busy reading a magazine. And I'm crippled. There's a great burn on my leg calf and ankle, making it a hassle to walk around. I could heal it but giving away myself so easily isn't exactly my cup of tea. So it's wrapped up and slung over the couch arm.

When I peer down the hall, I see two familiar girls and get up. "Hey, if it isn't the insurance girls again! What a coincidence."

"Is it really true you two are working here now?" Millie asks.

"Well, I body guard and shoot things, he does the house work," I reply. "The mayor here has been having some trouble, we just want to help out."

"What's his real reason for being here?" Meryl asks. "Ace gunman?"

My chipper face drops while his turns into a hearty blush. "Aw, who am I kidding? I'm just here till I can get moving on my own again. Free dinner is always a blast." More like I can't escape the fact I've been kidnapped.

"Oh, Revy, Vash, are these women friends of yours?" Mayor Schezar comes to the front door.

"What, Vash?! He's not Vash!" Meryl insists.

"Well, seems you're here for a reason." Schezar cuts her off, "We shouldn't be discussing out here. Won't you please come in?"

They do, despite the short protest from Millie.

Using the wall to support myself, I follow the rest of the group. We sit down on the couches and I put my magazine away, the Mayor introducing himself, "My name is Cliff Schezar. I made my money selling water in this town but recently someone has been trying to kill me. That could be bad for business and my health. So I advertised for a body guard, and here these two came. I didn't expect one to bring an injured, but she's still a sharp shooter so I guess it's alright. I didn't expect the real Vash to show up though!"

"Yeah, that's me alright." Vash puts a hand to his chin, trying to show off dazzling looks he doesn't have, "Now that I'm here you have nothing to fear. The man who will slaughter the innocent, do the most evil evil deeds! The man with sixty-billion double dollars on his head! Yes, I am that man!"

"Yuck," I groan.

"He's modest as well!" Cliff adds with a chuckle.

"Not to be rude, but I think you need your eyes checked--" Meryl is cut off by Cliff.

"I have a reason for needing a good body guard!" He opens a curtain with a tug of a string. "This is Mary-Anne Alachizer, she's the granddaughter of this town hall federal bureau and she's staying as my guest."

I direct the girl's vision to Vash's hearty blush and now they understand. Of course the most notorious outlaw is a perv, I can't believe even I was surprised.