Alluring In Blood -6

Start from the beginning

       When I finally found the room, the door was closed but the cries continued, I hesitated. An unbidden flashback cut through my mind of a man stabbing a woman, and I shut my eyes wiping away the stray tears that were left over from seeing Cecile's portrait. I took a deep breath and decided to walk through the door, if no one will see me it's  because I'm a ghost right? I'm just a ghost in a replay of the movie.

      "Ouch, for god's sake!" I cried out, as I slammed against the door. "It's just not my day!" I continued cursing everything from luck to fate not noticing the little boy that stared at me impatiently.

      The little boy coughed sweetly, I twisted my head and stared at him bewildered. "Salut, qui êtes-vous" the boy muttered, he was dressed in a slightly modern sailor suite. I frowned at him but stopped when I noticed his eyes widen in surprise and started to tear up emotionally.

       "Uh..me no french?" I muttered cautiously, I crouched myself next to him and awkwardly patted his back, he stiffened up and only relaxed when I pulled back. "I'm Audrey, and you are?" I asked motioning my hands frantically.

       He smiled as if he's finding me amusing, his tears dried up instantly. "Louise, pouvez- vous m'aider?" I let my smile slacken, he wasn't going to understand that I was clueless in french was he? I shook my head, saying no was safer than agreeing.

      Louise walked to the door and opened it, I scowled as a thought came to me, would they see me? walking into the door proved I was solid, a 70% chance they would. They would probably ignore me, pass me off as their sister, what if I saw myself, didn't Elizabeth say I'm a 2nd Vampire myself? Stop thinking about it, I'll just make myself confused senseless.

      No, think about it Audrey. I'm a 2nd Vampire, aren't I? so that would suggest that I have to be here, where else could I be unless the father of the vampires missed me when he collected all of the children from his mistresses. Highly unlikely, but shouldn't I remember my past? why can't I remember anything, I was born into the world not remembering anything until Clarisse found me and raised me in the same body I am in today, never aging, never changing.

      I peaked my head through the door. My jaw dropped as I examined the scene, I almost wanted to grab Louise and make a run for it until I saw him join them when he noticed me finally enter.

     The room was as big as a ballroom, small mattress covered the floors, on each mattress was a body, each mattress had at least five vampires by it's side. I shuddered and took a deliberate step forward. No one turned to face me except Louise who grimaced and motioned me to join him. I bit my lip but walked over to the young boy, he looked like a misfit next to the other's.

      "Louise, what's going on?" I whispered quietly, I shrugged when I remembered he couldn't understand when he looked at me puzzled. I sat behind him and studied the four people around me.

      Three of them were even more pale than me, hair in variety of dull colors cut in various hairstyles, shabby worn out clothes, and sporting bright blank orange eyes, the odd one out was a female with deep rich blue skin, a shaggy white haircut covering her empty sockets. 

      The blue one who I deemed was the Undead brought her face to the human and made sucking noises, I opened my mouth to scream as I witnessed the already barely alive human scream in agony, death inches away teasing the human but Louise clamped his small hand over me and shook his head.

      I whimpered against his soft hand as I watched the blue one return her head before cracking her hand apart, a vampire looked at it with hungry eyes, I noticed faint traces of the red blood turn purple blood as it hanged by the edge, I wasn't turned on. Not one bit. I wretched Louise's hand away and clamped my ears shut as I ran out of the ballroom with a heavy heart ignoring the sucking noises of the vampires that paid no attention to me but their magical blood.