Chapter 58

Will's POV

I take a deep breath then breathe in the rich Spring air I had just moved to Nashville from Virginia for a better job opportunity. I had accepted a partnership at a law firm here I stand on my porch then look around the neighborhood it was small and quiet I see flowers growing in the yards the house next door had a yard full of dark purple Irises dogs were barking and the traffic coming in and out of the neighborhood was slow I'd be happy in a place like this it was just what I needed for starting a new job. I pull out my phone when it starts ringing I answer and continue looking around my new neighborhood it was my mother calling wanting to make sure all of my stuff had made it to the house and that I had made it here safely we talk for a while then I hang up promising to call next week. I look across the street and see a woman walking with a baby in her arms with two German Shepherds and a pug at her feet it would be awhile before the movers got here I leave my house and go to meet a few of my new neighbors.

Mallory's POV

I had only been outside with Jack a few minutes when Mac and Stella start acting strange the dark fur on Mac's neck and back start bristling and low growls start coming from him, Stella gets in front of me and Jack with her fur bristling as well and her sharp teeth are snapping together as growls come from her body. This was unusual for the two of them I look up and see a guy walking over he had black hair, blue eyes he was in a gray shirt and blue jeans he gives me a smile then waves and takes a few more steps then stops in front of me. "Hello I'm Will Butler I just moved in across the street from you." He was nice and polite "I'm Mallory this is my son Jack my fiancé Nick isn't at home right now these are my German Shepherds Mac and Stella the pug is Nacho." He nods then a moving truck pulls up across the street. He looks at me "I'll have to visit again later it was nice meeting you." I nod then watch him leave and go to his house.

Nick's POV

I sigh as I walk in my hotel room I shut the door kick off my shoes pull off my jacket walk over and lay on the bed my one-month tour had been turned into two months and I hated it. I loved the fans and the tour was going great but I was ready for this to be over with I wanted to be back home in Nashville with Mal and Jack I was missing the two of them a lot they had visited like they said but we weren't getting to be together as much as I wanted us to be I take a deep breath then look down at my phone and I smile at the picture of me, Mal and Jack outside of the house. I run my hands through my hair then get ready to take a shower all I had to do was make it through three more weeks then I would get to go home and be with my family on the next leg of the tour no matter where I went I was going to bring Jack and Mallory with me I couldn't stand being away from them. I wanted us to be together as a family not apart on separate ends of the country.

Mallory's POV

During Nick's solo tour that been extended I get to the point where I start feeling overwhelmed with everything there is to do around the house and I start to feel like I'm drowning. I sigh then walk outside and sit down on the porch then run my hands through my hair "Long day?" I look up and see Will walking toward me he walks over and sits down next to me. I nod "There's a lot to get done around the house I don't think I can handle everything." He stands up then looks around the house then looks back at me. "I can help if you like it would make things easier on you that way everything can get done." I didn't want to bother him or take up any of his free time. "I couldn't do that." He looks at me "I insist." I take a deep breath then look at him "Thank you for the help." He smiles "You're welcome I will come by tomorrow." Maybe having a little help wouldn't be so bad.

Will's POV

I could tell that she was a little hesitant for me to help out but she had a lot going on so I was more than happy to help her. I clean out the gutters, help her take care of the dogs she starts to relax and she's able to go and do the things she needs to do with her son I could tell that most of the stress was starting to lift off of her which was a good thing since she had a baby plus she wasn't as drained so I was glad it was paying off. She would thank me for everything and one night she cooked dinner for me as a thank you hopefully even when her fiancé came home we would all be able to be friends she was a great person and really friendly I liked talking to her plus it was nice to have someone to spend some time with since she was engaged and happy I wasn't going to try anything so I would stick with being friends. I put my stuff in my car then get in and leave to go to the law firm hopefully today would be an easy day and there wouldn't be a lot to do.