Chapter 51

Mallory's POV

I get dressed in a long sleeve gray maternity dress with a pair of black boots my due date was in a few days so Nick and I were going to go out for dinner for some final alone time before Jack came. I walk downstairs and see Nick standing there in a white button up and a pair of jeans he looked great he looks at me and smiles as I start walking over to him he kisses my head then takes my hand. "You look beautiful." "Thanks you don't look so bad yourself." I feel a really strong kick and I tighten my grip on Nick's hand "Jack kicking a lot?" I nod then he puts his hands on my stomach and gets on his knees in front of me. "Jack I know that you are excited but take it easy on your mom please." This helped he usually calmed down when he heard Nick's voice, we leave the house then drive to the restaurant Nick had made a reservation so we didn't have to wait for a table we get seated and he picks up a menu. I feel a sharp pain then I feel my dress get wet "Nick my water just broke the baby is coming right now!!"

Nick's POV

Deep breaths in and out this was it Mal and I were fixing to have a baby I help her outside into the car then start heading to the hospital as fast as I was going I hope a cop didn't see me not that I was worried about paying a speeding ticket. She grabs one of my hands and squeezes it when she feels a contraction and I let out a small whimper of pain when she squeezes harder and her engagement ring digs into my fingers she throws her head back then lets out a scream that makes my blood run cold they were starting to get closer together. We make it to the hospital a few minutes later the nurses take Mal into a delivery room and I'm not allowed in for a few minutes I hated it I needed to be with her and I knew that right now she really needed me when I'm finally allowed in the room I see her in the bed and relief washes through me I hadn't missed anything.

Mallory's POV

I was exhausted I didn't think I could do this I wasn't strong enough to have Nick's baby. He holds my hand then kisses my head "You're doing great baby he's almost here I can see his head." I nod then take a deep breath and squeeze his hand as hard as I can when I feel a contraction tear through my body the doctor at the end of the bed looks at me. "Push on three one... two...three." I push then lay my head back against the bed I didn't think I had any strength left in me I wanted rest my body couldn't take much more of this Nick looks down at me and I meet his blue eyes. "Almost there I promise that you can do this." "Final push." I push then a cry fills the room Jack was here our little backstreet boy had finally arrived I wouldn't want to go through this again for a while but it had been worth it. Nick leans down and kisses me "I love you so much you did it we have a baby now." A nurse passes our tiny bundle in blue to Nick and he's hooked.

Nick's POV

I sit down on the bed next to Mallory then lay Jack in her arms she moves the blanket so she can see him better then she smiles. I can't believe that I was a dad I was so in love with him already Mal had given me the greatest gift I could ever ask for she went through hours of labor to have our son and I could never thank her enough for that I was amazed at what she had went through. We made the handsomest baby boy ever I was probably biased but there wasn't a baby any better than Jack I thought he was perfect I was so happy right now I had a family, Mal and I were engaged we just had a baby boy things couldn't get any better for me. I lean down then kiss his head "Welcome to the world Jack it's daddy I'm so happy you're here." Mal lays her head against my shoulder "He's perfect we did it Nick." "We did it." The nurse comes in a little later to take him to the nursery so Mal can rest for awhile.