Chapter 45

WEEK FOUR

Mallory's POV

This was week four of the competition Nick was doing an amazing job the second week he scored twenty-one and on the third week he scored a thirty-six I was so proud of him he was working incredibly hard. This was a big week for everyone today I was officially six months pregnant three more months to go Nick had managed to change days around for practice and he had the day off so he could come with me to my doctor's appointment he was focused on the competition but he was really involved with my pregnancy too. Nick and I finish getting ready then we leave for the doctor we get there wait for a very short time to get called back Nick sits down next to me and I lay back on the table and the ultrasound begins. "Your baby is about twelve inches long right now he weighs about two pounds; this is the last month of your second semester I see no concerns or anything that worries me both of you look really healthy." Nick sighs in relief I don't show it but I was glad things were going well for me and Jack.

AJ'S POV

I visit Nick during the week while he's practicing one of the dances he was doing for the week was the Jive and it was to our song Backstreet's Back when I get there we joke around for a bit then play around and I help him practice for a while. I had known Nick since he was a little kid I could not be more of a proud older brother and I think that Nick was really blossoming by going through all of this he had always been an amazing performer, but this was a whole other world for him. I grew up doing this, I had been dancing my whole life I know that Nick had never done anything like this for this to be week four I really think Nick had learned a lot and really matured on this show with the schedule and discipline that has become a new part of his life. Nick worked incredibly hard for everything and I knew that this wouldn't be any different we were all going to be there for him this week so he could see that his brothers supported him.

Kevin's POV

I was thrilled for Nick everything was going great for him making high scores on the show, working incredibly had and he was going to be a father if anyone deserved all of this it would definitely be Nick he had some rough places in his life and we knew that he didn't always have the best childhood. We were here for Nick but I was close to Mallory too and I wanted to know how she was doing I walk around until I find her and she's standing with her back toward me I walk over and tap her on the shoulder she turns around and smiles when she sees me "Kevin!!" She hugs me and I hug back. "You look fantastic how far along are we now?" She looks down "Six months we are going to name him Nickolas Jackson Carter we're going to call him Jack." I nod "Jack sounds good how's Nick been handling all of this?" She takes a deep breath then looks up at me. "He has moments where he gets nervous and freaks out but for the most par he's been really calm." I knew that was probably because she was here with him and that would help Nick a lot he had a lot of people supporting him tonight.

Howie's POV

We all sit together to watch Nick that night and Mallory sits with us I can't tell who's more nervous us, her or Nick the lights go out then the music starts. Nick starts dancing and every now and then he will sing along with the words he was giving it everything he had and was having fun while he was doing it which was the most important thing the smile never leaves his face. I look over when I hear Mallory take a deep breath her eyes haven't left Nick she's really nervous and worried because she wants him to make a high score I reach over and squeeze her hand she looks up at me and I smile at her "Don't worry about him Nick's got this he's really confident about tonight just relax." She nods "Thanks Howie." "You're welcome." The lights come on and the dance ends a few minutes later. We all stand up and clap then wait for the judges to give Nick feedback then his scores and hopefully he would have really high scores this week.

Nick's POV

I stand there softly panting waiting to hear my score for the week I really wanted to win this week so I was hoping for high scores. For week four Sharna and I get twenty-seven out of thirty it was really and close to a perfect score which showed that I was improving more and more as each week passed I knew that I could do this and continue giving this my all when everything is over for the night I go find Mal she was one of the people I wanted to see more than anything right now, I change out of my outfit once pictures and interviews are over then I walk outside and se Mallory standing there along with the guys. I walk over to her and wrap my arms around her she hugs back hen kisses me and wraps her arms around my neck I kiss back then pull her closer to me she was my rock, my anchor and my biggest support, I was glad the guys had come tonight they were my brothers and it felt good knowing I had their support.