Day 35 - AllanFisher's Cochran's Adventure in Dimension 48

Cochran's Adventure in Dimension 48

by AllanFisher 

Prologue

John 'Cocky' Cochran discovered the secret to multi-dimensional travel completely by mistake while trying to design a better toaster. In retrospect the use of an unshielded singularity to toast bread probably wasn't one of his best ideas, but it did fulfill his lifelong dream of travel to exotic locales, and the fact that he always arrived in a new dimension with a lovely plate of toast was a definite plus.

As the first human to travel multi-dimensionally (not counting his assistant Branch, but that's another story), Cochran found himself in a bit of pickle as he didn't know any of the rules. As a result, he went from unknown inventor and toast enthusiast to Multidimensional Fugitive in record time.

Now I could spend the next thousand pages regaling you with his daring tales, outwitting the ineffectual Dimensional-Police. His run ins with dangerous criminals like Professor Wen or his conquests of the female persuasion which were numerous and satisfying. But I'm sure you've already heard all of that, so instead let me tell you about his adventures in Dimension 48.

"Dimension 48!" You scream.

Yes indeedy, that's the one.

"The Dimension that can't exist? The dimension that's as improbable as tits on a tuna? Unless you're in dimension 3002⁷ where busty fish are literally everywhere!"

Correct! Now stop screaming and let me tell it!

COCHRAN'S Adventure in DIMENSION 48

"Cocky" Cochran brushed the crud and dirt of dimension 47 from his weathered brown duster, grinned crookedly at his latest conquest as she lay exhausted in a fulfilled heap with the others and rode off into the sunset. Of course he was riding a purple cow with flippers, but there was nothing unusual about that. His forty-sixth defeat of the Toady scourge that seemed to exist in every dimension other than his own, had been swift and the grateful citizenry had paid him in the universal currency of sex.

Once he was far enough out of town, he guided the beast to the side of the road, hopped down and rummage in his backpack for one of the Ecrivain Specials he had picked up in dimension 12. The last thing he needed was a bad case of 'helmet crabs' and the Specials could cure anything... including Inter-Dimensional STD's He sparked it up, took a long drag and pulled out ol' Sparky.

Now from outward appearance Sparky was just a toaster, all rectangular chrome and darkness dials but, as every Multidimensional traveler knows, looks can be deceiving. Sparky was actually a device used for traveling across dimensions called Quantum Doorknob.