O N E

edited

I feel like swallowing myself in a basket of blankets or drowning myself in the sea.

I know what you're thinking, why the hell would I want to do that? Like - that's so stupid!

Well, here's why.

I am perfectly lost in a country in which language I do not understand.

I don't know how to read the street signs, I don't understand what they mean. I'm too afraid to ask people around here because what if they don't understand English and I die of embarrassment? I'm sure if you were in my exact same position, you'd be wanting to scream your lungs out.

I'm such a negative thinker.

You got it guys, this is the story of how Serafina Hildebrand is trying to survive in Oslo.

My sister and her boyfriend left me a while ago to look for a public toilet. They've been gone for more than a while now, I don't know where the hell they are. My phone is about to die so there's no hope for me to turn the GPS on and lead myself to the hotel we were staying in. Or call an Uber. Do they even have Uber in Norway?

Hold on, let me check. Let's hope my phone doesn't die...

Yes, they do have Uber. I feel my lips curl up in a smile and I know what people here might think when they see me right now. What is a person with an Australian flag suitcase doing here with her face drawing up an idiotic smile?

I scroll through my phone and start the Uber app to get myself an Uber. To be more comfortable, I find myself a bench and start fiddling with my phone. This is probably a bad idea, but you wont know unless you try, right? Besides, I'm pretty sure I have enough money to get me to the Grand Hotel.

As I'm about to get the Uber, my phone goes black.

I curse under my breath and look at my surroundings. Yep. Just great. My stupidity just had to take over and control over me for a minute. Well, I'll just have to walk it now, wouldn't I? With a sour smile on my face, I get up from my seat and drag my suitcase through the streets of Oslo.

You may be wondering why the hell I am here in Oslo.
Five years ago, I started a YouTube channel based in my house in a small Australian suburb called Yarraville. At the start, it was just a way for me to have fun. My mum and I would talk about it in the living room and after she's given me permission, I uploaded my first ever video - which I can't watch without cringing. It has gone big since then, and for the next two weeks, I will be going on tour around the Scandinavia. I'm surprised that nobody attacked me ever since I stepped foot on the Norwegian soil. Thank Goodness.

And I may have picked the wrong outfit for today too. At this time of the year is winter in Australia. I had totally forgotten that I'd be in Norway by the time I get off the plane and didn't change my clothes into something more summer appropriate. The result is that my back is probably soaked with sweat.

After half an hour of pointless walking in circles, I remember the portable charger I stuffed in last minute. I get it out and connect my phone to it, suddenly feeling relieved. Before I even manage to plug it in, I bump into something hard.

"Watch it!" I say harshly. Then all of a sudden, my eyes are boring into chocolate brown orbs. I feel myself stiffen, a rush of tingles washing over me as I stand there in shock.

The boy talks to me in Norwegian, although I couldn't understand, I can tell he's a bit worried because of the concern in his voice. My puzzled facial expression must have caught on to him and he started to speak in English.

"Do you speak English?" he asks in the most amazing accent I have ever heard. It was one of those accents which has this mysterious calming effect on you. Do you know what I mean?