To Prove Yourself

With an echoing woosh, the green floo flames dissipated- the heavy lidded, porcelain skinned Cassiopeia, and the long black haired Pius stepping out of the grand fire mantel, brushing off their attire

With an echoing woosh, the green floo flames dissipated- the heavy lidded, porcelain skinned Cassiopeia, and the long black haired Pius stepping out of the grand fire mantel, brushing off their attire. Besides a powdery hand and ashy boots, Cassi was non the worse for wear. That was, until you glimpsed the back of her corseted laced robes. The fabric was singed, pink and red marred flesh visible through the opening slashes. Pius on the other hand, had wiped a dirty hand along his overhanging forehead that shadowed his glinting eyes- soot now smeared along his face. Coal distinctively dusted his silver streaked goatee to the point that he resembled a crab looking out from beneath a lava rock.

The only fireplace in her Estate that was connected to the Floo Network was located in her sitting room. She had dozens throughout her house, but this one- the one they'd just emerged from- was the only one approved by the Ministry. The room itself, was rich with black mahogany, deep emeralds, and lighter leafy greens, along with a plethora of books, scrolls, and scripts. Ranging from skinny shiny new covers, to thick aged spines and tatty reads of old; to ribbon wrapped roles, to brittle, yellowing parchment set in thin glass casings. The largest of the shelves was 20 tiers high, an intricately carved ladder built into a rolling mechanism set inside the bottom layer beneath the shelf and atop the utmost highest tier.

Ornate black marble snakes and stone dragon sculptures were strategically placed throughout the den. Even the candleabras glittered silver, the flaming wick burried in opal wax protruding from an open mouthed Welsh Green, so that the decorated dragon appeared to be breathing fire and blowing smoke. To the left of those magnificent collectable pieces, a lattice covered the entirety of one wall; ivy and honeysuckle weaving throughout, and filling the room with a sweet aroma.

At the center of the room Voldemort held his arms opened wide like he was going to embrace the shaken witch. Cassi's face void of emotions- a clean slate, untelling- she stepped forward. She mentally tried to prepare herself for the wrath and punishment her Dark Lord was surely going to exude. The sight of his open gangly arms seemed welcoming, but she was weary. He was far less likely to pat her on the back, and much more likely to just snap her neck like a twig. That possibility should have elicited fear from her. Or at the least she should be apprehensive. In her state of mind though, she found herself literally not giving a shit. She'd prefer to go out another way. Something more meaningful, but the concept of death- her death, seemed more welcoming than his open arms.

So she kneeled at his bony bluish feet, Pius following her lead and doing the same. She wasn't belittled by the act in front of her Master, but as she looked up to the cronies looming around Voldemort and herself- her pity turned into rage. Bellatrix, The Carrow's, Yaxley, Severus, Avery, and Dolohov (where had he come from?) along with her Dark Lord, looked down at her worshiping stance. She would never bow to the likes of them. Never! Especially in her own home.....

Instead, she stood far sooner than she should have and kissed one of Voldemort's outheld hands- Bellatrix snatching out her wand as a reaction to Cassi catching everyone off guard. With a slow bow of her head, her Master waved his other hand, dismissing his gatherers.