Racing Against Time

Pius looked to his curly-haired assistant and the old, frail lady at hands, staring with a hazy glazed over gaze- his hazelnut eye's now a foggy shade of grey.

"Kevin, you will escort Beatrice back to the Main Office." He said, melancholy.

The freckled face youngster adjusted his spectacles, looking from the sunken eyed, skinny Beatrice, back to the pointy faced Pius.

"But, Sir. Mr. Shunpike's processing paper work is incomplete." Kevin claimed, his sandy tendrils bouncing as he stood.

"Kevin, you will escort Beatrice back to the Main Office." Pius repeated in a mono-tone.

Kevin hesitated, puffing- the hot air blowing from his mouth fogging up his glasses.

"Yes, Sir." He finally answered, wiping the dew from his lenses with a polka dotted handkerchief.

It took an agonising half hour for Kevin and the age-spotted, white-haired witch to retire from the Courtroom. With one hand linked to her own, the other wrapped around her shoulder blades and hooked under an armpit for support; Beatrice inched painfully across the shiny reflective floor. One really had to wonder why she didn't simply retire, or at the least use the aid of a wheelchair. As it was, she refused any magical help from the sniffling assistant that was now sweating profusely. Hardheaded, Beatrice insisted that she could walk. Although Kevin supported the mere 80 pounds of her.

Once they were finally, finally gone, everyone gathered at the center of the marble room.

"Well done, Cassi." Trevors commended her.

"It was nothing." She replied, nonchalantly.

Severus set a hand to her lower back.
"It was something." He soothed.

Yaxley moved his mouth to speak, but Severus' penetrating glare stopped him in his tracks. He found himself gnawing at his lip instead.

Pius joined them, his arms folded behind his back, his eyelids lazily drooping shut.

"What say you Pius?" Cassiopeia chimed, probing deeper into his core.

"Those amongst us, seem to be of a very suitable nature when time comes to deliver those of whom need delivering." He answered in his political manner.

"Can someone dull that down for the dummy at my side." Yaxley bit, in regards to a confused looking Travers.

"What Pius is suggesting, is that we are to escort Mr. Shunpike to Azkaban Prison." Severus clarified.

"Oh." Travers awareness slowly made peak.
"Might I have a say in the matter?" He continued, his face scrunched in thought.

"This should be good." Yaxley mumbled under his breath, impatiently crossing his arms over his chest.

"Go on Travers." Severus implored.

Travers hesitated under the surrounding silent gazes, absent mindedly scratching his temple.

"Well. It's just that, you two don't really look the part of an Azkaban escort in those navy Maintenance get-ups."

"Well wonders never cease me, the ostrich plucks his head from the sand after all. For once Travers you actually present a valid point." Yaxley prattled, taking his chin between a thumb and forefinger.

"Don't look at me! I'm focused on Pius here. I'm open to suggestions." Cassi retorted.

Silence ensued as everyone fell into thought. Suprisingly, Pius was the one to break the quiet.
"Might I suggest just simply discarding the attire and donning your own, perhaps." He spoke in his normal regal tonality.