Chapter Twenty Seven

Start from the beginning

"Hey Reagan," he greets.

I smile at him in confusion, "What's up?"

He smiles sheepishly and glances at my car with a small blush. "Well my car won't start because I accidentally left my lights on this morning... I was hoping you could give me a ride home?"

I chuckle, "Of course."

His eyes shine, "You're the best."

I shrug and flip my hair over my shoulder, "I mean, I know."

He chuckles, his laugh sounding absolutely perfect. "Sweet, cute, funny...is there anything bad about you?" He asks, and I feel myself blushing.

"I could name a few things," I say as I get into my car.

He gets in as well and shakes his head, "I bet they're actually perfect."

I smile at him, "You're always so nice."

He grins, "What can I say? You make that side of me come out."

A blush tints my cheeks and I use my hair to shield my face, but Noah surprises me by reaching out and gently tossing my hair over my shoulder.

"Don't cover your face, you're too beautiful for that."

His statement just has me blushing more, and he chuckles softly.

"Your blush is too cute, Reagan."

---

Of course Chloe and Logan make plans to go bowling with Cole and Hayden when I've made it clear I want to avoid Hayden.

They practically kidnapped me from my house and threw me into Logan's jeep, and then chugged along the highway to the bowling alley where I instantly spotted Hayden's challenger.

"I actually hate you both," I mutter as I step out of the jeep.

"Nah, you love us," Logan grins, throwing his arm around my shoulder and pulling me into his armpit as a headlock of love.

I groan and shove him away from me while Chloe laughs.

"It will be fun, Reagan. You can't avoid Hayden forever," she says.

I roll my eyes and we walk inside, get our shoes, and go off in search of Hayden and Cole. I spot them right away on the far end of the building. Hayden would be hard to miss in his baby blue shirt, accentuating his toned chest and sculpted arms. His eyes are shining against the dim lighting and I can hear his deep laugh from all the way over here.

"You should probably stop staring if you want to ignore him," Chloe winks at me, skipping past me and towards Cole.

I narrow my eyes at her and turn to smack Logan on the back of the head since he's snickering next to me.

"Ouch!" He exclaims, "What did I do?"

I huff at him and follow after Chloe, walking towards the two beautiful guys waiting for us.

"Hey Cupcake," Hayden smiles as he sees me.

I avoid eye contact and force myself to smile. "Hey."

I hear him faintly sigh and go to sit down on the other end of the bowling seats. Chloe pinches my arm and I flinch back, sending her a look that she gives me right back. She gestures to Hayden sitting slumped on the chair with a defeated frown.

My heart lurches slightly and I glance at Chloe.

"You can't keep avoiding him, Reagan."

I roll my eyes and snatch my arm from her hand. I fiddle with the bowling shoes in my hands and hesitantly sit next to Hayden. He turns his head to look at me as he puts his own shoes on and I offer him a smile. His previous frown melts away and he places his attention back on tying his laces.