Chapter Nine

Beautiful cover made by FluentGeek

So...what are you thinking so far? Should I continue?

Chapter Nine

Something wet is on my face.

I scrunch my eyes and my nose and move my whole head to the side, pulling my covers further over my head. That doesn't work and the wetness continues to spread over my cheeks, nose, forehead, and lips.

I spit it away and find open my eyes to a big tan and white body hovering on top of mine, and a big, pink tongue licking my entire face.

"Angel!" I grunt, shoving her away.

She keeps her tongue lolled out and sits on top of me, wagging her tail. I lift my head and look at her through squinted, sleepy eyes and then drop my head back on my pillow.

"Do you even know what time it is?" I groan, reaching for my bedside table to grab my phone. "It's-" I check my phone "-only nine, Angel. Go back to sleep." I say, resting my phone back down and shutting my eyes again.

Then they snap open.

Nine o'clock?!

I'm late. I'm so late.

I shoot out of bed, throwing Angel off of it in my sudden burst and she yelps as she falls onto Bruce. He lifts his head from on the floor and grunts, laying back down and instantly falling back to sleep.

"Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit." I mutter as I run around my room and get dressed, throwing a brush through my hair.

I don't bother to get in the shower because I know I don't have time, so instead I throw my hair into a braid and rush downstairs. I grab a bag of chips as breakfast and sprint out the door, speeding towards school.

I call Chloe during the ride since I had a bunch of missed calls from her, and I'm answered with a pretty pissed off yell.

"Where the HELL are you?!" She screams into the phone.

I cringe and hold it far away from me as her voice comes through. "I woke up late." I mutter when she finishes.

"You left me all alone!"

I sigh and almost run through a red light, barely making it through while it was yellow. "Well where is Logan? Isn't he there with you?"

"He's here, but you left me alone with him. I can only take so much Vicky talk, Reagan!" She exclaims, then she gets quieter. "He wanted to tell me why they decided to give anal a try..."

I cringe deeply and almost drop my phone from the news. I catch it at the last possible second and swerve on the road a little bit before regaining control. "I am so sorry, Chloe." I say genuinely.

"Luckily I had to go take pictures for yearbook so I got out of there before he could actually explain the story." She breathes, and I can hear the relief evident in her voice.

"Alright, well I'm here so you won't be alone during lunch."

"It's about damn time!"