Chapter Twenty Seven

What do you think of the cover change? I was excited for it!

Chapter Twenty Seven

Dear Beautiful,

When I think about you and I, I know we would be that couple. You know, the really cute one that everyone awe's at? The one that has girls looking at their boyfriends and wondering why he can't be like me, and the one that makes other boyfriends realize they need to step up their game. The one where boyfriends look at their girlfriends and wonder why they can't be as cute as you are.

Even though you and I look like complete opposites and no one would ever assume us to be together, once they see us...they would know. They would know, just like I know, that you're the one for me and that I'm (hopefully) the one for you.

I can see it. We'd be silly and weird together. We'd be tender and loving together. We'd be cute and foolish together. We would make everyone else jealous and each other happy.

    I see it, beautiful.

Love,

Anonymous

My heart thuds harder against my chest as I finish my letter. I shouldn't ever depend on a guy to make me happy, but these letters create reasonable doubt to that theory. My anonymous has a special way of making me smile, because whoever wrote me the letters has done his job in stealing my heart.

I roll my bottom lip between my teeth and turn around to start walking to my car. But instead, a small scream slips past my lips and I throw my letter into the air.

Hayden is standing in front of me with his classic smirk, one of his brows lazily raised at my reaction.

"You dropped something," he smirks.

I glare at him and bend down to pick it up, tucking the letter safely into its envelope and then into my pocket.

Ever since the other night, I've been avoiding Hayden. It's been two days, and I've avoided him at all costs- sometimes not being so subtle with it. When we have run into one another, I haven't talked with him for long enough to get a feel for his reaction to the other night.

I'm afraid to.

Something awakened in me when he got that close to me. When he and I were that close to kissing... I felt something. And it scared me, because I think I know what that something was.

It scared me because as affected as I am, Hayden doesn't seem to be at all. He's still his smirking, sarcastic self. So I've been avoiding him so that I don't have to hear what he has to say about what happened, because I know he will tell me that it meant nothing to him.

I'm scared that he'll tell me he was messing around and make fun of me for being so flustered. I'm scared he will tell me that he knows I like him and that he's sorry, he just doesn't feel the same way.

I'm scared that he'll tell me he has feelings for me too.

"This letter must have been pretty cliche, you were blushing for a solid minute." He muses as I shut my locker.

I blush more at his words and cough out an awkward, "I get love letters, Hayden. The whole thing is cliche."

He chuckles down at me and we start walking to the doors. As soon as we get outside, I make my way towards my own car and it forces him to go the other way since his car is on the other end of the parking lot.

"I'll see you later!" I call awkwardly over my shoulder.

I hear him sigh, "Yeah, later."

As I walk towards my car, I almost stop in my tracks when I see Noah waiting for me. He catches my eye and smiles, standing up straight and taking his hands from his pockets.