Chapter Twelve

If you are interested in making me a cover: For this book I'm looking for either a locker cover, a couple cover, or a love letter cover. I'm sure I will love anything you make, and I thoroughly appreciate anyone who takes the time to create one!

Who's your favorite so far?

Chapter Twelve

Why did I agree to this?

Nothing but questions as to why I ever said yes to Hayden flood my mind as I sit in the driveway of his house that looks closer to a mansion.

He asked to work on the project at his house, and for some reason I found myself saying yes instead of yelling no.

The only plus to coming here is getting to see his house in person. I've heard rumors of how extravagant it is, and it's nice to be able to see it for real and tell the truths from the lies. There are a lot of rumors that float around Hayden, but that's the price you have to pay for being popular.

I pull up to the address I typed into my phone and my jaw drops. This particular rumor happens to be completely true- his house is absolutely gorgeous.

Hayden is known for being one of the richest kids in school. His dad is one of the most well-known software architects in the state of Indiana, and hundreds of major companies come to his company for help.

It's not like his house is ridiculously large, but it's definitely bigger than what one family needs.

He lives in an over sized stone house; with a driveway from the movies and a design that only the most expensive architects could create. It may not be a traditional mansion, but it's close to it. It's actually kind of like a modern twist on the mansion life-style.

My small mini-cooper feels out of place amongst Hayden's Camaro and his family's G-Wagon and Cadillac Escalade.

I continue to stare up at the beautiful house in front of me and debate whether or not to turn around and drive home or go see if the inside is as extravagant as the outside.

I make my decision and open my car door, stepping out and onto the perfectly laid brick driveway.

At least I decided to look decent when I came over. I'm wearing a light pink blouse, buttoned halfway, and dark-wash jeans with simple sandals. In comparison to the sweatpants and t-shirt I was going to wear, this seems to fit this house a little bit better.

I continue to stare at the threatening mansion and gulp as I close my car door. I force myself to walk towards the grand entrance, taking one careful step at a time. I wonder if the doorbell will be as grandiose as the house?

I reach the front door- at least three feet taller than needed and most likely more expensive than my car- and I stare at it, seemingly frozen in place.

I go ahead and ring the bell, pleased with the great song that plays, and wait for Hayden to come to the door.

Instead of Hayden, however, I'm met with a different set of blue eyes. It doesn't take me long to recognize this man as Hayden's father.

There's definitely no question that Hayden gets his looks from his father. They look like spitting images of one another. They both have  black hair, bright blue eyes, and the other facial features are a match as well.

"Hi, can I help you?" He asks, plastering on a smile that I know all too well. It's 100% fake, and I recognize it because it's the same smile my parents give one another.

I don't let his smile affect me as I respond. "Hi, Mr. Summers. I'm here to see Hayden?" I say as politely as possible.

"Hayden?" He asks with a small sigh.