TWO<>OWT

Elias managed to get to a pay phone that was near the Smithsonian. She immediately dialed Steve's number, her bloody hands trembling as she waited for Steve to pick up.

"I am currently unavailable. Leave a message." Steve's voice said before the beep.

"Steve, I need help! I'm–I'm injured and they're after me. Don't call my phone. Hydra will track it." Elias hung up and started heading in the direction of the Triskelion.

People passing by looked at her with concern. She was pale and she was swaying a little. Blood seeped through the side of her jeans.

"Miss? Miss?" A middle-aged woman tapped her shoulder.

Elias turned toward her. "I'm okay."

"You're injured. Let me take you to my apartment." The woman offered.

But Elias shook her head. "I'll just be putting you in danger."

"I'd like to see HYDRA try to get me. Now come on."

Elias did a double take on the woman. Did she know about HYDRA? What else did she know? Did she know about Elias being HYDRA? Or the Winter Soldier?

The woman grabbed her arm and helped her into a building and up to a flight of stairs.

"What's your name?" Elias asked.

"I'm Sage Michaels. I'm a Former Agent of SHIELD, but before, I was HYDRA." She showed the faded HYDRA tattoo on her wrist then opened a door. Sage led Elias to the kitchen table and helped her sit down. She then got the first aid kit.

"So, who are you?" Sage asked.

"Elias Crimson. Former HYDRA Agent. Right now I'm being hunted by them." She said as she spotted a silver ring on the table with letters and numbers on it. She subtly grabbed it and put it in her jacket pocket. She looked back up at the older woman in front of her as Sage gathered supplies.

"Are they sending Winter after you?" Sage asked curiously.

Elias flinched at the mention of the Winter Soldier. It was partially her fault the Winter Soldier was as brutal as he is. She helped in wiping his memory, manipulating him, training him. Now that she's on SHIELD's good side, he's going after her every chance he gets.

Sage walked over to Elias and started digging the bullet out.

"Yeah, they're sending Winter after me. Or he's coming after me on his own will." Elias hissed in pain as she felt the bullet come out.

"Well, Elias, just hope that he doesn't find you," Sage said and cleans the wound.

Elias nods and clenches her jaw, the pain from the stitching getting to her. The two women remained silent. That is until Elias saw movement outside the window.

"Sage, move!" Elias screamed as she made eye contact with the sniper across the way.

It was too late. Bullets came through the walls and Sage was hit.