I could've sworn I heard him say first heartbreak, but maybe I'm wrong. The girl named Celestine suddenly enters my mind again making me irritated because I don't even know who she is heck I don't even know why I'm so interested. I face my whole body to David and I inhale deeply. David looks at me with a puzzled look on.

"Who's Celestine?" I said quietly not wanting the others to hear. He suddenly looked away and his grip on the steering wheel hardened. "She's just an old friend" David said slowly. I sigh "Come on, David. I wasn't born yesterday you know?" I said crossing my arms stubbornly. He shakes his head "Lauren-"

"I just want to know, you can trust me. I promise I won't tell anyone" I said desperately. Whoever Celestine is she better be someone important, look at what she's making me do. "No, Laure-"

"Please...."

I look at him with hopeful eyes. I watch him get lost in his thoughts and waited patiently for him to talk. After a few minutes I decided to give up because David stayed quiet and focused on the road. I sigh and decided to just sit quietly and wait for us to reach our destination.

"We met Celestine a few years ago, Xander was sixteen years old....." He said quietly. I quickly look at him, giving him all of my attention. "I cant believe I'm telling you this..." He muttered. "You can trust me, whatever you're about to tell me, stay between us" He looks at me and his eyes softened. "I trust you brunette" I smile softly and gave him a small nod. He inhales deeply and stares at the road while thinking. "Celestine was Xander's girlfriend for one year" My heart shattered when I heard those words. I really hope David didn't notice the expression that appeared on my face.

You forced him to tell you so suck it up, Lauren.

"They were happy.....they were inlove" He said while smiling, remembering the times when his bestfriend was inlove. But then his smile vanished instantly "But then Celestine just had to destroy Xander" His grip on the steering wheel tightened making his knuckles turn white. "What do you mean?" I asked curiously. He looks at me "Has Xander ever opened up to you? About his family?" I nod slowly "He told me his mom died because of cancer" He nods quickly "His mom died when he was seventeen" He sighs "Then after a few months Celestine and Xander broke up" I look at him confused "Why?" He stops talking for a moment which made me feel uneasy.

"She got pregnant" David said quietly.

Oh my god.....Xander's a father?

David looks at my now wide eyes. I try to talk but no words came out. David shakes his head "That's not even the worst part" I can feel my hands shaking because of the information I'm hearing. David looks at the road with a pissed off expression. "She was carrying another man's baby"

When I heard those words I swear to God, my heart stopped for a second. "What?" I whisper yelled. "Xander saw a pregnancy test inside Celestine's bathroom" He continued "You have no idea how happy Xander was" He said while smiling a little "The man even called me and I swear to God he was hyperventilating" I chuckle. David's smile fades and was replaced with a look of sadness. "Imagine the pain and disappointment he felt when he found out it wasn't his child" He said gently. My heart ached for Xander. I can't believe Celestine would do that to Xander. "Xander was only seventeen, if that was me I would've ran away and told Celestine I wasn't ready to be a father" I glared at him and he gives me a 'I'm just being honest' look. "But Xander didn't do that, even though it was unexpected, he was ready" I look at David with sad eyes. "Xander was nothing but nice to that slut but she still went out and looked for another guy" He spat angrily. I grab his arm gently and his eyes softened. "She looked for another guy just because Xander was too busy fixing his mom's funeral" He said softly with a pained expression. "That's it? That's her reason?" I said not believing what David just said. David nods "Celestine was crying and blaming everything on Xander, she told Xander she wouldn't have gotten pregnant if Xander wasn't too busy for her" He said angrily again.

I could not believe the things I was hearing right now.

"She damaged Xander" David said while shaking his head then he looks at me with desperate eyes. "Lauren, be honest with me" He said desperately, I look at him confused and lost. "Okay..." I said unsure "Do you like Xander?" He asked quietly. My eyes widened and I felt my mouth went dry.

Do I like him? Do I like Xander?

"Davi-" He grabs my hand and squeezes it "Nothing gets out, the things we're saying right now, stays between us remember? He said seriously. I look at him for a moment. Do I like Xander? I'm not even sure if I do but I am sure that he's special to me. Xander has a special place in my heart and he didn't even have to do anything to take that place. I look at David's hand that was squeezing mine. "He's special to me" I whispered. His eyes lit up when those words left my mouth. He looks at me and gives me a warm smile. "I trust you with my bestfriend, Lauren" I look at David with admiration. The way he protects and cares for Xander, it just makes my heart melt. But then reality slaps me in the face. I look at David with a frown "He will never like me, David"

"Lauren, you're beautiful, nice, you have a good sense of humor and you're brunette, what's not to like?" I roll my eyes while smiling. He chuckles and gives me a comforting pat on my thigh. "Xander just has this really tough shell that you need to break" He said "It's going to take some time but I can promise you one thing, Lauren" He looks at me straight in the eye

"He's more than worth it"

-----------------