Alluring In Blood -5

Start from the beginning

     I shook my head slightly smiling. "Default picture, so do you think the curse has something to do with my dreams? I don't usually dream like this..." I trailed off scowling at Ileana who drowned the good-looking man in scribbles, her half staying clean and pristine.

     "I doubt that, Mare's curses usually invite some avenging spirits or something," Ileana said casually, she pocketed her feather away and grinned toothily at me. "Just go to sleep or something, if you don't wake up then you know it's the curse,"

     "I can only sleep once every three weeks, that's the point I want to sleep," I said, not even bothering adding anything else since Ileana didn't seem interested much. "Well... there is something but I don't think it'll interest you." Ileana drawled, I bit my lip and widened my eyes, "No chance sweetheart." I pouted. "Fine, Eracux should help you."

I grinned, I still have my charms. "Eurcux, what is that?" 

"Eracux," Ileana corrected monotonously. "A sleeping potion, most effective type of sleeping potion."

     "Where do you expect me to find Eracux then, the Black Market?" I joked, Ileana rolled her eyes. "No, you should ask your friend, the brewer, quite skilled... now what is her name?" Ileana mused to herself.

     "Quinn?" I asked slightly shaking the frame. "Yes, but get me a blemish popper potion too!" Ileana screamed before she tripped out of the frame but the scribbles stayed. "You owe me a new frame." I added to no one in particular.

** ** ** **

     “This sleeping potion will put you to sleep every night for seven hours if you take the exact amount I’ll prescribe to you.” Quinn mumbled as she searched the cabinets of her room. “Oh damn, I think I may need to brew more, do you think you can wait?”

     “Sure,” I replied, bouncing on the velvet couch loving the way it sprang. “What do you need it for anyway?” Quinn asked absentmindedly as she lit the old-fashioned cauldron.

     “Oh I have a couple of reasons.” I answered vaguely. I flinched as Quinn started emptying dozens of vials and herbs into the cauldron. The smell was horrid. “Does it taste as bad as it smells?” I asked my eyes already watering.

     Quinn looked up with tears streaming down her face. “No, to everyone it tastes different, something about the dreams that will come to you will change its taste.” Quinn explained, she threw a dash of something that resembled hearts and the cauldron exploded. Quinn shrieked and I fell off the couch with a heavy thud.

     When the dust drifted out the open window, I looked up and saw the room still in the same neat state but Quinn looked like she just had been electrocuted, I wondered if I did too, Quinn snapped her fingers and she returned to her normal form. "Do you need anything else?"

I shook my head, if Ileana wanted that blemish remover she'd have to get me a new frame.

     “All done, let me just find you some vials.” Quinn said. “-kay, found some and remember just a tea-spoon before you sleep.” Quinn reminded me as she filled three big vials. I studied the beautiful fiery gold of the liquid.

I gleefully look at Quinn. “Thanks, you have no idea how much I need this.”

     Quinn looked at me with fear in her eyes but she shook her head and smiled at my warmly. I ignored the uncomfortable feeling when I saw the fear and forced a smile back. “It’s no problem, anyway me and Katrina are going to the forest, wanna come?”

     I looked at my watch. An hour until my lesson. I shrugged. “I’d love to, you sure you don’t mind?” I asked politely, Quinn waved her hand dismissing my question. “Come on, or else Katrina will turn into a vulture on us.”

     “I didn’t know Veela’s turn into vultures, that’s impressive.” I mused. Quinn locked the door and nodded. “Each Veela turns into something different, the strongest is usually the small birds though.”

     “Oh, I never really saw Katrina use her powers.” I said, we pushed through the backdoor leading to the courtyard, it was empty save for Katrina. “Hey guys.” Katrina greeted, she smiled at me before quickly grabbing our hands and leading us to the forest. It looked innocent and quiet, the type where unicorns and princesses would live. “Okay so Zorya promised she’ll do our outfits—“

     “Who’s Zorya?” I interrupted, I blushed at my rudeness, but Katrina smiled unaffected. “She’s a ghost, she does our outfits.” I looked at their clothes puzzled, looked like something from local shops.

     Katrina shook her head. “No, like… superhero clothes just minus the cape.” I couldn’t help but laugh. “Like underwear over tights?” Quinn blushed but Katrina just laughed and shook her head. We walked deeper into the forest until we reached a wide clearing where a girl was waiting with a clothes rack beside her.

     The pale girl had bright blue hair braided with golden strands, she was dressed in a white Victorian dress that had gashes everywhere and green marked around the edges of the gashes.

     Zorya looked at me with slight distaste but turned to the others with a wide grin. I frowned not liking Zorya already. “Zorya, we missed you!” Katrina exclaimed hugging the frosty Zorya, Quinn agreed and hugged Zorya after.

     I rolled my eyes when Zorya shot me a smug look over Quinn’s shoulder. “So this is the vampire you told me about, what are her measurements?” Zorya sneered contemptuously; Katrina and Quinn oblivious to her tone shrugged and looked at me expectantly.

I shrugged. “Don’t know.”

     Zorya bristled slightly but forced a smile as if it pained her at Quinn and Katrina. “I’ll take her measurements, you two go ahead and try on the clothes.” Zorya turned to me with an evil grin, a pack of needles appearing beside her, my eyes widened.

** ** ** **

     “Ouch!” I yelled, my eyes watered immediately as Zorya pricked my hard skin with the needles. Zorya clicked her tongue and pushed another needle in harder. I whimpered slightly and Zorya stood up and studied her work.

     I looked down and saw black leather that stretched whenever I moved, trimmed a beautiful blue that reminded me of the girl’s blood from my dreams. The leather was like a tight overall that complimented my body beautifully. I loved it, but I definitely am not admitting that to Zorya.

     Katrina was first to come out from the bush wearing similar overalls except the colors were a fierce red trimmed with heavy forest green and it was sleeveless. She grinned and did a small twirl for us. “Thanks Zorya, I adore it.” Katrina gushed.

     Quinn was much more hesitant to come out, until Katrina went and roughly pulled her out. Quinn had a white sleeveless cashmere fitted top and black leather shorts. Quinn blushed furiously. “Why am I the only one with the shorts?”

“I couldn’t enchant the pants unlike your shorts, so now you got endless pockets.”

"Look at me, I'm Zorya having endless b*tch fits." I muttered under my breath, pulling a face.

     Quinn’s eyes widened. “Really, this is great!” Quinn rushed forward and practically jumped on Zorya for a hug. “Are the others ready?” Quinn asked.

     Zorya nodded. “I cast a spell too so it won’t carry on dirt and if any rips happen it’ll just sew itself back.” Zorya added with no hint of humbleness, I rolled my eyes.

     Katrina and Quinn hugged Zorya goodbye, but before I left Zorya grabbed me. I turned to her raising an eyebrow to hide my anger. “I will never forgive you.” She hissed.

     My anger dissipated quickly and was replaced by confusion. “Forgive me?” I parroted, frowning. She simply vanished not bothering to explain. That seemed to happen a lot lately. “Audrey, you coming?” Katrina called.

     “Yeah, sorry.” I called back, eyes still searching for Zorya. “You guys go ahead I have to head to Elizabeth anyway.” I gave up my search for Zorya.

What did I do to her?

Everything” a voice breezed through the forest eerily.