Ꮳhαρτεr 13

Diamond

I sat in the waiting room with Kaiyesha crying in my chest. We've been here for hours and the doctor never gave us an update on Kelly's condition.

Tre's been here with us the whole time. Isaiah arrive shortly after we got here and Kilo, Cash, Quincy and Jason were on their way to Atlanta.

The story made the news and I had to hire security to keep reporters and the paparazzi from coming up here with they nosey asses. All charges were dropped against Kaiyesha. The weapon wasn't illegal and I wasn't about to press charges on my fifteen year old daughter.

Kaiyesha wept in my chest as I rubbed her hair in a soothing matter. I was bouncing my foot up and down nervously. I really hoped Kelly was gonna be okay, she just has to be okay.

The blood on Kaiyesha and mine's clothes brought back the memory off seeing Kelly hanging on to her life. She was barely breathing when the ambulance arrived. I felt hot tears run down my face and I wiped them away.

"Hush baby, everything is gonna be okay." I told Kaiyesha and kissed her hair.

Isaiah scoffed. "This is so stupid." He mumbled and shook his head. He was sitting on the other side if the waiting room with tears running down his face. "How can you sit there and comfort her when she's the reason why we're all here and Kelly could be losing her life!" He scolded me.

Kaiyesha lifted up her head from my chest and glared at him. "It was an accident!" She yelled at him. "I didn't mean it!"

"Stop," I told them but they didn't listen.

He stood up with an angry look on his face. "Everything is an accident with you. You never mean anything. You don't understand that your careless actions could make you lose someone you fucking love! You decided you wanted to play around with the same gun you got suspended for bringing to school and now look where we are; in the fucking hospital, waiting to see if our baby sister is alive or not."

Kaiyesha stood up and got in his face. "You don't know what the fuck happened!" She yelled with tears streaming down her face. "It was an accident so leave me alone."

"If she dies, that's gonna be your excuse?" He yelled in her face. "Oh, it was just an accident. I didn't mean it." He said in a mocking voice.

Kaiyesha was enraged and shoved him. He pushed her back and I got up just in time to catch her before she bumped into the row of chairs. Tre got up and held Isaiah back. "It should be you in there, not her!" Isaiah yelled while resisting Tre. "You should be laid up in there fighting for you life! Not her!"

"Hey! Don't say shit like that!" I scolded him. "That's your sister and you know you don't mean that."

"Get the fuck off me." He said and pushed Tre off him.

He walked towards me and Kaiyesha and got in her face. "If she dies then it's your ass." He pushed her one last time before storming out the waiting room.

Not too long after Rasheed, Quincy & Jason walked into the waiting room. I could tell they witnessed the little argument cause they looked stunned. "Imma go check on Isaiah and see wassup." Jason said and headed in the direction Isaiah went.

I sat back down and Kaiyesha sat back next me. She was crying more than before and I could Isaiah words hurt her. Cash sat on the other side of me and Quincy went to sit on the far end of the waiting room, away from Kaiyesha.

I started crying too. My two oldest kids just got into a fight and my youngest is fighting for her life. How did it end up like this? We've had our few ups and downs but I never thought that something so extreme would happen that it would tear my family apart and rip my kids' bond. This is so fucked up.