Ꮳhαρτεr 2

Diamond

I sat in my office going over a few things for my clothing line. I had to do a fashion show for my spring line and I had no models. I couldn't use Kaiyesha this time because she would be leaving for spring break tomorrow and I couldn't use her friend because she wouldn't be around either.

I sighed and banged my head against my desk. I was beyond stressed out. I'm 28 years old, raising 3 kids and running a world wide fashion empire. Why do I always put so much stress on myself for no reason?

There was a knock on my office door. "Come in!" I called.

"Ms. Knowels, there are a few concerns about the opening of the store in June." Neveah's assistant, Laura said walking into my office. She was an intern and the workers here usually took advantage of her because she was so nice.

I sighed annoyingly. "Why are you telling me this? The store is Neveah's job." I said.

"Um..uh," she pushed her glasses up her nose from falling. "Neveah isn't in today." She said and her face turned red.

"What do you mean she's not in today?" I asked, clearly aggravated by the fact that my day wasn't going as planned.

"She didn't show up this morning." She said shyly.

I groaned. Laura could tell I was annoyed. "Take the rest of the day off," I told her. "We'll talk about the store tomorrow."

"O-o-okay," she stuttered and rushed out the office.

I never knew why Laura was so nervous around people but I didn't questioned it. It kept her out of trouble and that's less work for me.

I picked up the office phone and called Neveah. "Hello?" She answered sounding stressed.

"Neveah, why the hell didn't you come to work today?" I looked at the clock and it was almost noon.

"I'm so sorry," she said into the phone. "JJ's been sick all morning, throwing up all over the place. I was suppose to call you but I got caught up with JJ throwing up everywhere. I think he has the flu. I'm at the clinic with him now."

"Where's Jasmine?" Jasmine is Neveah's 3 year old daughter. JoJo finally got his shit together and him and Neveah started their family. Although I thought they were pretty young, I still felt happy for them and I could tell Neveah was happy with her life.

"She's with JoJo at your place. He said he didn't want Jasmine to catch whatever JJ has so he went over there to chill with Tre."

"Alright then, call me if you need anything." I told her before hanging up.

I looked at the clock. It was now 12:12pm. I think I deserved the rest of the day off.

I gathered up my stuff and grabbed my purse from under my desk. I got up and walked out my office, not before locking it. I walked down the hall to my assistant's office and knocked on her door. "Kourtney, I'm leaving for the day." I told her when she opened the door. "You're in charge."

"Aight," she said smiling at me.

I said bye to her and left work. I headed home in hopes to take a nice nap but I knew that wasn't about to happen since Tre and JoJo were at my house and once I get home I know they were gonna make me take care of Jasmine.

I pulled up to my million dollar estate and got out my car. My house is three stories with two kitchens, one dining room, one living room, one family room, 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (not including the ones connected to the main bedrooms), a basement, an attic and a mini condo in the back of the house.