Ꮳhαρτεr 9 (R)

Diamond

"Hello?" Tremaine answered his phone.

"Baby, I had a miscarriage." I cried into the phone. "I'm so sorry, I knew how much you wanted a baby."

Tre sighed and I wiped my tears that kept falling down my cheek. "We can always try again baby. It's not your fault."

"Tre, this is the sixth miscarriage we've had in the last five years!" More tears ran down my face. "Something is wrong!"

I was so frustrated. I was probably the most fertile woman on this planet but when it came to Tre, I can never keep his baby. It happened so many times that I should be use to it but it hurts. Three out of the six times Kaiyesha was there to experience it with me and she took it just as hard as Tre and I did.

Tremaine's breathing got heavy and he sniffled as well. He was crying. We both took a moment and wept together. Every time this shit happens I blame myself. I'm the one that carries the baby so it's my responsibility to keep it safe. I've failed to do so every time.

"I know what you're doing," Tre said in a hoarse voice. "Stop blaming yourself Diamond, it's not your fault."

"It is my fault!" I stressed. "There's something wrong with me."

"There's something wrong with us." He said. "And we'll go see a doctor as soon as you get back."

"I'm so sorry Tremaine." I said and wiped the rest of my tears.

"Baby, stop apologizing." He said. "Look, I have to get back to work but I'll call you when I get off. Promise me you'll stop crying and beating yourself up over this?"

"Mhm." I said while more tears ran down my cheek.

"I want you to say you promise." He said.

"I promise." I sniffed.

"Stop stressing baby, I love you."

"I love you too." I said then hung up the phone.

I laid back down in the bed, hugged a pillow close to me and cried into it. This is so fucking frustrating! Jason fucks me; I get pregnant, Kilo fucks me; I get pregnant, but when my husband, the man I want to be with tries to get me pregnant we have no success in keeping the baby. It's not fucking fair!

The bedroom door creaked opened and soft footsteps made their way towards the bed. "Mommy? Are you okay?" Kaiyesha asked in a fragile tone.

"I'm fine." I mumbled into the pillow.

I felt the bed sink next to me. Kaiyesha laid behind me and wrapped her arms around my waist, nuzzling her chin into the crook of my neck.

We stayed cuddled up close to each other for a few moments until I turned to face her. Her eyes were red and her cheeks were flushed. "You've been crying." I stated.

"So have you." She replied back.

"It's natural for me to cry but why were you crying?"

She playfully rolled her eyes. "I have a heart, mommy. Even though I don't show it, I care about some stuff." She smiled then gave me a compassionate look. "Everything is gonna be okay momma. You still have us."

"You're right," I told her and gave her a kiss on her cheek. "I just want more amazing kids like you guys." I sighed.

She scoffed and chuckled. "You ain't gonna get any bomb ass kids like us with Tremaine."

I chuckled shook my head. "That's not nice. Tre would make some very amazing kids."

She sighed. "I guess we'll never know anytime soon."