Chapter 44: Forget Me

Start from the beginning

My eyes almost fell out of their sockets. "How do you-" I hadn't told anyone.

"Oh that's easy, I saw you. I was on my way to my car and... you probably know the rest."

I stared at him, mouth hanging open in a grimace. "Don't worry I won't tell anyone, but if you didn't want to be seen you should have-"

I reached out and put my hand against his mouth to shush him. "Firstly, it was just a kiss and secondly, it wasn't planned, alright?" I pulled my hand back again.

He gave me a look. "Is it ever?"

I just sighed and shouldered past some of my friends to get myself some water. Leaning against the fridge, I closed my eyes for a moment and took a sip of my cold drink. "And I told you to stop." My voice cracked as I pushed at his chest and twisted out of his grip.

"Hey, Graham!"

Taking a shaky breath, I opened my eyes. Coldness crawled up my spine as I walked over to Liam and some of my friends. I pulled at the sleeves of my cardigan until they reached my knuckles, trying to rid my body of the cold with little success. "How are you doing?"

"How are you doing? We're basically talking to each other for the first time today."

I scratched my left bicep with my right hand. "Yeah, it's been..." I cleared my throat, looking away.

"Hey, Peanut." Arms wrapped themselves around my shoulders from behind. I doubt I'd ever been this happy to see Ryan.

"Hey!" I spun around to face him.

He looked somewhat surprised at my sudden outburst. My gaze flitted over his features. The dark spots under his eyes were still there and his skin tone seemed paler, but all in all he looked better than he had for the last few days. "How are you?"

He frowned, eyes flying over my features. "Okay, you?" I nodded. "Actually, do you have some ice? My shoulder hurts a little."

I nodded, my stomach twisting. "Just grab it from the freezer." He thanked me with a nod before he went to fetch it. "You sure you are okay?" I asked when he came back.

"Don't worry, Lizzy. Ryan's a tough cookie."

I broke out in a grin and looked up at the QB. His lips curved into a smile as well as he looked down at me. I reached out and ruffled his hair. "Oh and what a Cookie he is."

He glared at me in a playful way for disheveling his hair, but when I laughed lightly he smiled down at me.

"Uh, did I miss something?" Liam asked in confusion.

"Yeah, what's so funny, you two?" Logan asked with narrowed eyes.

I waved it away. "It's nothing. Forget it." They looked suspicious still, but shrugged. "Hey, talking about tough cookies," I said, turning to Logan. "Guess who I walked into today?" He had no idea. "Rose."

Sharp intakes of breaths were heard from Liam and Tony, standing on either side of my best friend. Logan himself looked at me blankly. "Did she talk to you?"

"No. I said hi and she glared at me. That's it." Rose was Logan's ex girlfriend. They broke up almost a year ago and had only been together for a few months. The reason for their break up was unknown to me, but I was told that she'd dumped him. "Can you believe it? She glared at me when I shouldn't even be talking to her after what she did to you."

Tony furrowed his brows. "What did she do to him? I'm confused."

I gave him a look. "Uh she ditched him?"