Chapter six

All words underlined are to be taken to be crossed out!

-*-

From: Jellyellie33@yahoo.co.uk

To: GabiLincon@hotmail.com

Subject: I don't know what to write anymore

Hey Gabi,

I've been thinking of a way to tell you this. But I can never seem to put it into words. Or even form a coherent sentence when I think about it.

We're not friends.

I'm not saying this in a horrible way. I'm not trying to be cruel. I'm not trying to hurt you. Because this is hurting me as I write this.

Once upon a time we had each other's backs and we were the closest friends you would ever find.

But we're different people now. I've changed. I'm not naive Elle who you can take along for a ride and drop when you don't want her anymore. I'm not the girl you can belittle and hurt and play games with.

It's taken me a while to realise that you haven't been my friend for a long time.

I'm really sorry. I think you understand what I mean.

You've got new friends who adore you and I've got friends who love me too.

You don't need to reply to this message.

I hope New York is everything you want and more.

My parents are great! Life isn't perfect and mine sure as hell isn't.

I'm surprised you're missing England considering its raining constantly right now.

I'm probably not going to be able to write as much as A levels is taking up a lot of my time right now.

Hope you're having fun in NYC!

-Elle x

A hand snakes it's way round my waist and I am pulled into a cupboard with no idea who the culprit of the badly timed kidnap is. "You know you really need to learn how to be more discreet. A cleaner's closest? How very original!"

Cheesy Teen Fiction anyone?

"You know Cherry you could be a bit more appreciative considering I just got you out of your chemistry lesson." His voice is low and sexy and I try not to melt into the floor when my nickname rolls of his tongue smoothly. Instead I settle for an eye roll and push his hands off my waist. Suddenly I miss his tender touch and I want to ask him to hold me again. I cross my arms over my chest as he steps back and runs a hand through his dark tousled hair.

No one speaks for a few beats. I don't know how to speak. I don't know what to say.

"I'm grateful," I mumble; Nate lifts his head up and smirks at me, his green eyes twinkle in the dim light and I have to hold back a swoon when they meet mine. "I hate chemistry."

I laugh nervously and look down at my converse, blushing lightly as his laugh fills the room. He smiles at me, his expression almost sheepish. "You're very welcome. But I have to say I didn't pull you into here so you could skip a lesson."

"Oh really?" I pull my eyes from the ground and up his body, dragging them up to his startling green orbs. Why does he have to be so beautiful? I bite my lip and move further away from him towards the back wall. Nate leans carelessly against the opposite one with an easy smile.

I can't breathe. I can't think. Those lips.

Those lips.

Those lips.

"I want to know if you've thought any more about my proposal."

Of course, Nate. I've had so, so much time to think about you and your gorgeous face while my mum's been shagging another man behind my father's back.

I decide to say nothing. Let a couple of beats pass between us again. So I can try to get my head at least a little bit straighter. Nate Myers makes me delirious.

"Have you even thought about it anyway?" he continues, mumbling. Nervous. I catch a glimpse of a flush rising up his cheeks and I have to bite back a laugh. Since when was this boy ever anything but cool, calm and collected? It's a foreign sight for Nate to be blushing and all because of me.

I'd like to thank my mother and father for encouraging me to always be ambitious. I'd like to thank the college for giving me a space where I could witness the phenomenon. But most of all I'd like to thank Nate Myers for being embarrassed and nervous when I happened to be there.

I am honestly so honoured and humbled.

"I thought about it," I muse, trying to entice a reaction out of him. He rolls his eyes at me and my heart flutters in my chest. Pushing myself off the wall behind me, I take a step forward towards the green-eyed monster leaning so casually against the door. "And I want to discuss the rules."

He quirks and eyebrow at me and throws a smirk in my direction. Nate pushes himself off the door and moves towards me, slowly. "The rules? Cherry you know I've never been very good at following rules."

Nate Myers has always been that guy who pushes boundaries, pushes people's buttons and pushes naive girls out of trees––more specifically me.

"Then no deal. I'm afraid you'll have to find some other girl. I mean it's not like you don't have options," I smile sweetly at him, placing my hands on my hips and taking another step towards him. My lips brush his neck and I smirk.

I have no idea who this imposter is in my body, but I happen to like her confidence very much.

Nate shivers and tilts his head to face me. "Now you're not playing fair Cherry."

I move my head up as if to meet his lips. Nate leans down, his lips millimetres from mine but just as he's about to close the gap I move away, laughing at his pouting face.

"No rules? No Elle." I say, crossing my arms over my chest and huffing.

"Good Lord why do you have to be so stubborn. Its hot but fucking annoying." Nate runs a hand through his dark hair and sighs loudly as if I'm a puzzle he can't solve.

"Fine," he groans after a few moments. "They'll be ten rules and if you break them, we have to do a forfeit or something."

I bounce on my heels and nod. "Cool. Wanna meet somewhere to sort out the contract?"

Nate nods too, "Sure." His normal composure has returned. I move around him but before I can open the door, his hand slips around my waist and he's planting the softest kiss on my cheek. I'm on fire. My cheeks flush. My heart is racing a thousand miles an hour. I'm trying to breathe but it's hard.

I pull away and open the door into the silent corridor and turn back to face his smouldering gaze. "I'll call you.

-*-

Hey guys!

I'm gonna start trying my best to update this book at least twice a week and maybe even each day because I don't really want it sitting around doing nothing when I have this whole thing figured out.

I hope that's okay for all of you?

Anyway, I really hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did please click the little star (it takes two seconds and really helps your girl out ;)) and give it a comment? Tell me your thoughts, predictions and whether you'd choose Lee or Nate?

Let me know!

Thank you all so much for the support on this book! It means so much to me :)

Love,

Amber x