Chapter fourteen

"So he broke into your room and you just kicked him out?" Tia screeches at the top of her lungs, grabbing a top of the rail and shoving it in her basket without even looking at it. "That boy is crazy for you and you can't even see it!"

I roll my eyes and pick out a floaty dress to try on. Tia decided that I needed some 'much needed' retail therapy. This was not my choice- she managed to guilt my dad into forcing me out of the house. So now we're browsing through random shops I've never even heard of in our shopping centre as Tia shouts at me about my conversation with Nate last night.

I somehow managed to leave the part where we were going to draft up the contract.

Whoops.

"First of all, he broke into my room. " I stress, moving away from the screaming banshee just to get a second of peace and quiet. I didn't expect to be left alone for long and before I can even touch another piece of clothing, Tia's hand is on my shoulder and she's chatting in my ear once more.

"Hun, I would kill for a guy who climbed through my window like a jean-wearing, converse-clad prince to spice up my life. Especially one who really really cared about me."

"Look, if he liked me he wouldn't have given that girl those flowers or kissed her. Or not said anything when I said he didn't care," I retort, flicking through more rails instead of facing the girl who somehow knows every time I'm lying.

I swear she's psychic or something.

 Psychic or Psycho, you chose.

"Girl come on. If he didn't like you or care about you then why the hell does he follow you around like a lost puppy. And I was there when he gave that girl those flowers and I'm pretty sure they were actually for you. He was staring at you the whole time!" Tia shouts once more,  turning me to face her. "And I know you'll deny it but a part of you really likes him too."

I sigh, and lean against the rail. "Of course I like him Tia. I've known him since forever and in case you forgot, I spend the whole summer sneaking around with him."  

Tia wraps her arms around me in a soft embrace. "Then why can't you see that he likes you back?"

"Because he could have any other girl. He only wants me to have some kind of hold over Lee."

She rolls her eyes and throws another dress at me along with a pair of jeans that she would totally rock but would make me look like a tomato trying not to explode everywhere. "Girl, you are honestly blind."

I shrug and flick through a couple more rails before giving up and spending the next half an hour following my best friend around as she piles clothes into her basket (and mine) without even bothering to check what they are. The girl doesn't even look at the size!

"I can't be bothered for the changing rooms. Can't we just buy it and get out?" I say, heaving my full basket to the cashier. Tia follows, mumbling something along the lines of 'I guess I'll just have to return it if it doesn't fit' before punctuating it with a heavy sigh.

I snort to myself, resulting in a dirty look from the lady at the desk. She rings it up before saying, "did anyone help you today?" I shake my head, resulting in another look, this one more venomous than the last. I roll my eyes and grab my bag and receipt from her.

Somehow, Tia is finished before me; she holds five paper bags which look like they're about to spilt. I glance between her and the bags for a while before she sighs.

"This wan't just retail therapy for you baby girl. I have some heartache to get over too."

We head out of the shop into the food court, carrying our bags between us because Tia was about to topple down the stairs with the amount of shopping she had draped over her arms. "Another tall dark and handsome not replying to your messages?"

She jokingly rolls her eyes and playfully nudges me, "that was one time Ellie and its not my fault that he had a girl friend!"

Tia has this amazing way of making me feel better. I think its because she radiates this positivity and humour that causes her to put a smile on my face- I love her for that.

She quietens for a moment before continuing, her tone soft, her eyes darted downward. "It's just I'm sorta in a secret relationship," she shuffles her bags around before taking a seat at the closest available table.

"It's not fair that they're keeping it a secret! You want to be with them right? Then tell them that you want to be open with it. That you want people to know!" I say, dropping my own bags onto the floor and collapsing dramatically into the chair across from Tia.

She flicks her gaze down again and chews on her acrylic nails. "Elle, I don't think you understand. I want it to be a secret."

I sit back, confused. 

Tia is the most open person I know. She's never afraid to be the person to speak out or stand out. She bold and brilliant. And the whole time I've known her, she's never kept anything a secret- especially from me.

Tia Monroe, who are you hiding?

-*-

Hey hey hey!

Guess who kept their promise?

I feel like this illness has had me stuck in a rut and now I'm so far behind on updates and writing this book. I think I was a bit optimistic hoping to finish this book over the summer but I guess you're just gonna have to put up with me for longer.

I really hope you enjoyed this chapter! What do we think Tia is hiding? 

Also do we want to see more of her?

Just let me know!

Also are these A/N's too long? Do I ask too many questions? I just want feedback (and btw you guys comment for a real one I love it)

If you liked this chapter and want to see more of Tia and find out what her little secret is then please click the little star on the screen because it means the world.

Also please leave a comment/ response to any of the questions I've asked! Or just tell me how your days going (righhhhhhhtttttt......here! on this line!)

Thank you so much for the support throughout this re-write, you guys are honestly amazing!

This chapter is dedicated to henna2973 for commenting on the Nate chapter! Thank you girl x

And thank you to all of you!

Love,

Amber Rose x