Chapter three

ALL WORDS UNDERLINED ARE TAKEN TO BE CROSSED OUT. SORRY IF THAT'S ANNOYING :(

-*-

From: GabiLincon@hotmail.com

To: Jellyellie33@yahoo.co.uk

Subject: HOW COULD YOU?

Elle! I can't even believe you'd say something like that! You know she uses my laptop too right? And guess what? She saw your snaky little message about her! How could you even say that I don't like her when it's a complete and utter lie!

I can't even believe you.

Now I'm not allowed to go out to this uber cool party and NYC with my friends and I have to do some shitty shopping with Chloe like she's my mum. It's gonna be such a drag- she likes all that cheap shit...

Ugh. No wonder Nate doesn't want you when you act like a little snake all the time.

Hope you're having more fun than me babe.

-Gabi

"I saw Nate with a new hoe today. Wonder how he met her?" Tina ponders allowed and I try not to wince as she mutters to herself. Just the mention of Nate's name makes me want to recoil and I try not to think about how easy it was be to around him, his lips on mine, how my hands fitted perfectly into the groove of his shoulder when he held me.

"Uhhuh," I mumble, my only response as I stare into my biology book in the hopes to retain some of the information through osmosis. Not that it works; I've been reading the same page for half an hour whilst trying to stuff chips into my mouth (half of them are scattered across the table because I couldn't fit five in at the same time).

"Elle are you even listening to me. For once could you just care about the dreamy boy you live next door to?" my best friend huffs, clearly annoyed at my lack of interest at her gossip. I roll my eyes and place my book down, scanning the canteen for any glimpse of a gossiper.

I swear they are ninjas. Disguised and poised. Ready to take down any girl that stands in the way of them and Nate Myers.

Not that I'm really posing a threat.

"Tia I'm really not that fussed about it. He can do what he wants."

My eyes are moving of their own accord now, trying to find a glimpse of dark tousled hair and a smouldering smirk. But I can't find him anywhere.

My heart sinks in my chest and I turn back to the table defeated and throw Tia a small smile. "Can I have a chip?" I ask, reaching over without her permission to grab it from her full plate. Mine was cleared a long time ago in amongst the pages of a crappy biology book.

She sighs, staring at me for a moment, her blue eyes searching deep into the bags under mine and the flush of my cheeks. "Are you OK, Elle? Is it me talking about Nate all the time because honestly if you want me to stop I can."

"Tia. Just stop saying his name. It's not because you go on all the time it just reminds me of-" I clamp my mouth shut in fear of the words spilling from my lips. Tia frowns at me, confused at my sudden outburst. She tosses her honey blonde hair over her shoulder and fixes me with a stern look.

"OK something is definitely wrong. What's up babe?" Her perfectly pruned eyebrow is raised in my direction and she hardens her gaze. I sigh, running a hand down my face before leaning closer to her over the table.