Chapter nine

All word underlined are to be taken to be crossed out x

-*-

From: JellyEllie33@yahoo.co.uk

To: GabiLincon@hotmail.com

Subject:

Ugh. I can't even believe I'm starting to confide in you. Well, these drafts that I'm never going to send.

My mum cheated on my dad. I mean, I don't know how many times she's done it so really? It might not have been once. I don't even really want to think about it because I found the messages and she told me I was right.

She didn't even deny it.

My heart is breaking because dad isn't even back from his trip and I feel like I can't really see her the same way even though I love her with all my heart.

Was it hard for you to let your mum go? I know it's not the same because my mum isn't running away because my dad's cheated, but I do feel like I've lost a part of myself because I don't see her in the same way.

I'm sorry about your mum.

Elle x

DRAFT SAVED

"Ugh," I roll over, my head pounding, my mouth drier than the Sahara Desert. My legs are restless and so I move them through the covers in the hopes of getting back to sleep. Sunlight is streaming through the parted curtains, causing a deep red to burst behind my lids. I groan again, regretting drinking a whole bottle of wine and leaving the curtains open in the same night.

"Good morning sunshine," I hear someone call cheerily causing me to moan louder and pull my duvet over my head to block it out. There is no doubt that I am extremely hung over.

Well, my reaction to the time and Lee's cheery voice would be the same even if I hadn't drunk too much the previous night. I am not a morning person.

"I've got some Ibuprofen and some water," I hear him edge closer to me and place something on the side table next to my bed before Lee sits down on my feet. I wriggle around under the covers, moving away from him and trying to sit up–its extremely difficult considering my head is throbbing like someone is bashing a hammer into my temple.

"Thank you," my voice is hoarse, and I reach for the water instantly, gulping it down as quickly as I can. Lee hands me the pills silently and I take them with a gulp of water.

"How are you feeling?" Lee asks, his eyes darting around the room as if he can't bare to look at me. I shrug and slip back down into my covers.

"Regretful," I admit, my eyes trained on him. Lee raises his eyebrows and I almost catch a blush on his cheeks. "I left the curtains open and I'm literally about to melt into the floor because the sunlight is burning me." I smirk, watching as Lee's face morphs into relief– the reaction is so quick I almost don't catch it.

"Do you remember anything that happened last night?" he asks, his eyes curious– he is a small child, so inquisitive and questioning. I almost laugh at the gentle flush on his cheeks and the playful glint in his eyes.

"I remember drinking a lot of wine and asking you to stay but apart from that? Blank," I say softly, realisation dawning on me as I take in Lee's playful state. "Oh my god what did I do?" I exclaim, putting my head in my hands to stop him from seeing my bright red cheeks.

Lee sobers up instantly, "You tried to hit on me Cupcake."

A beat. A second. A minute. I feel my heart begin to pound in my chest heavily.