19

Dan and I head to the pier after laying and soaking up the sun rays for a long while. We find Phil and Maiara waiting in line to go on the West Coaster.

"Phil! Maiara!" I call out.

They turn around and see us, and Maiara waves with a big grin on her face.

"Hey, do you want to go on the Pacific Wheel?" Dan asks me.

"Sure," I look back to the other two and point in the direction of the Ferris wheel, and they both nod.

I give them a thumbs up as Dan and I walk away.

The line isn't unbearably long, thankfully, and we're on the ride within 10 minutes.

Dan and I sit across from each other, "This view is just amazing," he almost whispers, looking out towards the ocean and taking his sunglasses off. And suddenly, it's as if everything had slowed down.

His wavy hair is slightly blowing in the wind, his chocolate eyes concentrating on the choppy waters below us, and god, I wish nothing more than to capture this moment to keep forever. The beautiful angel in front of me looks so flawless, so perfect that I can't explain how happy I am just looking at him. As his lips form a smile, my heart rate seems to skyrocket and it feels like I can't breathe.

I want to concur, and say 'yes, the view is amazing,' but I know that he wouldn't realize that we're talking about two different views. So, I decide against agreeing with him and just speak my thoughts out loud.

"Dan," I say quietly.

When he turns his head to look me in the eyes, it becomes difficult to breathe and I feel my eyes start to water. This man means everything to me, and I need to let him know how I really feel. I get a little nervous, and a part of me wants to just shut my mouth, to back out and to keep to myself. But the other part of me is now spitting out the most meaningful words my mind can come up with.

"I find everything about you so perfect. Your eyes are like a gorgeous, infinite galaxy that I would without-a-doubt get lost in if I had the chance...and your smile. God, your smile. It's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my entire life, that will brighten up my day in an instant. Seeing you just now, staring out into the ocean like that. It made my heart skip a beat, and I realize just how lucky I am to have you. To wake up next to you, to have a simple conversation with you, to get to hear your voice, to feel your touch. You mean the absolute world to me, Daniel James Howell. And I love you, so, so much."

I'm in tears now, hoping that he thinks that everything I said was nothing more than just a compliment, and that he'll say something better than a simple 'thank you.'

He's quiet, and I can see his eyes start to water. He gets up and moves so he's sitting next to me, and pulls me into his arms.

I let out a happy, relieved sigh and just hold onto him, "I love you." I say again.

"I love you more," his voice is muffled against my shoulder, but I can understand him crystal clear. "You are the best thing that has ever happened to me." I hear him sniffle, and he pulls me onto his lap, "Never let me go."

I couldn't keep more tears from dripping down my cheeks as my grip on him tightens, "I won't," I place one of my hands on the back of his head, running my fingers through his hair, "I will never, ever...let you go." I assure him.

He kisses me gently, moving his hands down to my waist. A few seconds later, he leans back just far enough for our lips to part, "I love you more than anything else in the world." He whispers.

My heart flutters and I feel on top of the world as my lips press against his again, and we stay that way until we're forced to get off of the ride that I momentarily forgot we were on.

Maiara and Phil were still waiting in line to go on the coaster, so Dan and I stood by the exit and waited for them.

I go onto my Twitter account and check the few replies I had from my last tweet, and then I make another one.

"rachelalice: I am crazy in love with you."

I waited about a minute until I received a few replies.

"aww, who's the lucky guy?"

"hope he treats you like a queen, you deserve nothing less."

"yaaay, Rachel has a boyfriend!"

Then, I get another notification letting me know that Dan just tweeted.

"danisnontonfire: I'm crazy in love with you, too."

He gets instant replies that make me smile.

"stop indirecting"

"guys it's happening, remain calm"

"oh my god are you talking about Rachel Alice?"

The last reply seemed to have gotten loads of replies in almost an instant.

I feel Dan grab my hand, and I break the gaze from my phone. "I think everyone just found out about us." He says with a small smile.

"You don't mind?" I ask.

He shakes his head, "No. I was hesitant at first, but I after that conversation we had on the pacific wheel, I realize that there's no need to hide it. If the whole world wants to know that I'm in love with the most beautiful person I've ever seen, then let them know."

I let out a quiet 'aw' as I lean into him, and he puts an arm around my shoulder.

He's the best thing that has ever happened to me, as well.

~~~

A/N: this is probably the fluffiest thing I have ever written, and honestly, I fucking love it. I hope you guys do, too. 💕