12

Dan and I end up having a movie marathon in his bed all morning long. Except, you know, we weren't really watching the screen the entire time, like you're supposed to do when watching a film.

"I have no idea why, but I just love kissing you." Dan smirks, laying down.

"I love kissing you, too, Dan." I laugh slightly and lay next to him.

A few silent moments pass by.

"Fuck, Rachel," He sighs, playing with my hair, "what are you doing to me?" I can hear the sadness in his voice and I frown.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, here we are, living halfway across the world from each other but not showing any signs of wanting to be alone...what's going to happen when you leave? What if I don't want you to leave?"

"Please...let's not think about that just yet. We still have a week and a half here."

The title screen for The Lion King pops up, and I smile, "If you don't mind, Dan, I'm actually going to watch this."

I feel him caress my cheek, "So am I."

"...Isn't it weird that we haven't heard a single thing from Phil or Maiara? I mean, besides this morning?"

"Earlier when I left the room I overheard them say that they were going out to sightsee or something."

"Oh. What time is it?"

He checks his phone, "Half four."

"I'm getting kind of hungry."

"So am I, should we go out for early dinner, late lunch?"

"But that requires me getting out of bed."

He smiles, "Should we just grab something from the kitchen then?"

"But that requires me getting out of bed." I repeat.

His smile widens as he chuckles and leans up, "No worries, I got you. What would you like?"

I gasp, "Really? You're the best. Just get me whatever you're having."

He gets up, leaving the room.

I fix my eyes onto the screen as the circle of life scene comes on.

"I waaant a fryyy," I sing, but shake my head at the word change, "Seeeend nuuudes," I stifle a laugh, "definitely doesn't work but all of the 'cool kids' might think it's funny. Might."

I keep changing the words and Dan walks in with his hands full of multiple food items. "Do I want to know?"

I shake my head and grab the package of crisps from his hands.

•••

After the movie ends, I feel as if I've gained so much weight because of all of the horrible food I've just consumed. I groan, "Daaan."

"Whaaat?" He responds and I smile,

"I feel extremely fat. And horrible. Why didn't you just try to convince me to go out instead? I would've had a salad and felt perfectly fine."

"Well, you were complaining about getting out of bed just to go to the kitchen, I imagine you would've done anything to stay here."