4

Phil and I walk to the door and open it, revealing the first 2 partiers.

"Heeey! I brought drinks!" One of them said, holding up two bottles of vodka, the other guy holding up another two.

"Now the party has officially began. Rachel, this is Tyler and Troye." Phil says, pointing to the energetic guy with glasses and then to a younger looking guy with bright blue eyes.

"Hi, nice to meet you. Here, let me take these off your hands," I say, grabbing the bottles two at a time. I set them on the table and head back to Tyler, Troye, and Phil. Dan is no where in sight.

"I'm gonna go look for Dan." I tell them, heading to the hallway.

Dan's bedroom door comes into sight and I notice it's shut, so I knock.

There's no response.

"Dan?" I open the door slightly and see him laying down on his bed, headphones in and music so loud I can hear it from where I'm standing.

He looks up from his laptop and notices me, and takes an earbud out. "Yeah?"

"The first two guests have shown up."

"And...?"

"And I guess I just wanted to let you know..."

He shrugs. "Okay."

"...What do you mean, 'okay'? You mean you're not going to come out of your room the whole time?"

"Probably not."

"Come on, Dan. Live a little."

"I told you I'm not the partying type."

"Why not?"

"I'm just not, okay? You won't understand."

"...What happened?"

"What do you mean...?"

"Something had to have happened."

"Nothing happened."

"'You won't understand'? Apparently something happened. Either that or it's a fear you have."

He shook his head, "Look, Rachel, every time I've been to a party, something bad happens. I'm not in the mood to have my night ruined."

"Will you please come out of your room just for a bit? Besides, you'll know everyone here and I'll only know you and Phil, how awkward do you think it's going to be for me? Phil will probably be talking to everyone, and I'll just be alone in the corner. It'd be nice to have someone to talk to, or even to stand next to-"

"-Alright, alright. Fine. But only for a while."

•••

Dan and I clink our shot glasses together and we both take our, what, sixth shot? I'm so tipsy I forgot...

Everyone else finally showed up to the party, and everything was going great. There were groups of three and four scattered around the apartment, while Dan and I just sat on the floor in the corner of the kitchen, taking shots. 

We end up getting to know each other better. Too bad we're too drunk to remember anything we said!

When I hear 'The Hills' by The Weeknd come on, I excitedly get up and pull Dan's arm. "Come on, we have to dance!" I say.

He rolls his eyes, standing up. I pull him into the middle of the lounge where everyone else was, and I start singing along.

"...I can't find your house, send me the info, driving through the gated residential, found out I was coming, sent your friends home, keep on tryna hide it but your friends know..."

I then wrap my arms tightly around Dan and push myself onto him, shoving him into a nearby wall. Thank god everyone is too busy to notice...

Wait, what the hell am I doing?
I guess I just want him to let loose.

"I only call you when it's half past five," I sing, gently tugging on his hair.

"The only time that I'll be by your side," I feel his arms wrap around me and I smirk.

"I only love it when you touch me, not feel me, when I'm fucked up, that's the real me, when I'm fucked up, that's the real me, yeah..." I sing quietly into his ear and press my lips to his neck.

"Shit," I hear him whisper, his hands moving down to my waist.

I nip at his shoulder a few times and leave a trail of kisses up to his jaw, and I hear him let out a quiet moan, "Rachel," he breathes, pushing me off of him.

I lean back and slightly smile, turn away from the lounge and go down the hallway.

When I turn my head I'm not surprised to find him right behind me.

"What the hell was that for?" He asks.

"Oh please, don't pretend you didn't like it." I say, crossing my arms, even though I wasn't so sure since he pushed me away.

He steps closer to me. "Of course I didn't like it," he leans down, "I loved it," he pulls me into him, leaning down to kiss my neck, "and I need you."

I let out a sigh and wrap my arms around him.

"Jump up," he demands quietly. I comply and jump, wrapping my legs around him. I lean back to look at him and he smirks, "You're mine."

~~~